Sign in to follow this  
Eldryth

Tip: Invasions Are Great For Leveling Alts

If you want to get your alts to the level cap very quickly, now's a great chance to do it!  The invasions were hotfixed yesterday to give a huge amount of experience- not just for completion, but for each stage.  I haven't had a chance to start using it yet, but from what I've been reading, a level 10 character would get 4-5 levels for each invasion, while level 90+ still gets a full level.  And all you have to do is be in the zone for it.

I'm planning on making extensive use of this- leveling a bunch of characters to 10, unlocking the Kalimdor FP's, then switching between them and flying to each invasion while doing other stuff.  Sure, it's a bit of a cheap way to level, but I've done it the normal way many times already (gotten everything except Mage and Hunter to 85+ already), so this is too good a chance to pass up to prepare for all the Class Campaigns.  Don't know if I'll get all classes to cap on Hyjal, but it's possible, especially once invasions speed up each week.

Of course, if any newer players are reading this, I highly recommend leveling normally at least once, even if it's not your first character!

Unfortunately, this got nerfed today. You now get less XP from each invasion. Because more invasions are happening more frequently, you can get more XP overall- but it's no longer feasible to do it on nearly as many characters.

Figures :)

I just started a Hunter/Troll and liking it so far..  Gotta work out some of the graphic settings thou.. Feels kinda sluggish..  Did experience an invasion thou.. Reminds me of Rift..