Nikkala

What's Everyone Playing These Days?

It's waaay too quiet in these forums!   :)  I miss the old, chatty days.  I think we're all just getting older and busier, alas, but if you're like me, you still find a little time for gaming.  So what I'd like to know is, what games are you playing these days?  Here's what I've been playing:

SWTOR--pretty much the only MMO I am playing right now, at least until my sub runs out.  I'm doing the storyline on my sixth different class.   Although, I do log into GW2 and LOTRO once a day for my presents; I haven't given up on those.

Civilization V--on Steam with my kids, hotseat.  I've been having way too much fun with the Gods and Kings expansion--when I customize my civilization, I make it "Zion" and make the descriptive word "Mormon" (Mormon Settler, Mormon Warrior, etc.).  Then I found a religion and create missionaries and Great Prophets and I set out to convert the world.   :D  Oh, by the way, the current Humble Bundle is Civilization-related and a pretty good deal if you don't already own the games.  I don't have Beyond Earth so I might just have to get it.

Hearthstone--I don't know why; I just love that game!  It's addicting.  

As far as what else I'm up to these days, I'm serving as Scout Committee Chair and I'm working on a Knot Ninja program for our scouts.  I'm also taking courses in Web Design from BYU-Idaho; this semester I'm taking a course in graphic design and a course in backend web development (server side) and loving every minute of them but they keep me really busy.

What are you all playing?  How are you doing?  What's going on in your lives?  I miss everyone!

Life has been pretty busy around here too, I am back in school only taking 2 classes but with one of them being calculus it is very busy. Plus working 40 hours a week and helping out with the kids i don't get a lot of time to play, when I do play i have been pretty much exclusively on steam.

recently being endless dungeon, but i have also played broforce recently, and a bit of Kotor.

no MMOs currently, they take too much time for me to play

For the most part, stress with work has taken over my life.  I'm studying to take the Professional Engineer's exam (8 hour test...) in April so that will take up a lot of my time for the next three months.  Add on being married, four kids getting more and more involved with things at school, Ward Mission Leader with two sets of missionaries, it's tough to find "spare" time.  When I do play, it's generally a bit of GW2 if I know I have a good couple hours to play.  If I've only got a few minutes or I'm not sure how much time I'll have, I play Hearthstone or Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

I didn't know you played Hearthstone, Kev!  I don't have you on my friends list.  My blizzard id is Nikkala#1849 if you don't mind adding me.  :)  Sounds like some exciting stuff going on in your life!

I didn't know you played Hearthstone, Kev!  I don't have you on my friends list.  My blizzard id is Nikkala#1849 if you don't mind adding me.   :)  Sounds like some exciting stuff going on in your life!

I just started playing about two week ago. :)  I'll add you!  And now my daughter (11) is getting into it since she doesn't have Pokemon cards like her brothers do.

I still play League of Legends.  Lately I've picked up the third episode of Starcraft 2 and its really good.  Not much else - I read or watch movies occasionally.

Maven plays Natural Selection 2 occasionally.  She's pretty good!

We have 3 kids now. I'm EQ 1st Coun. and Building Rep, and Maven is RS Pres. 

We haven't played an MMO in a long time (got on WoW for a day or so during a free-week thing, and a very short 2-day stint in GW2).  MMOs don't have the draw they used to - they all feel like a grind now. :(  I miss the days when they didn't feel like that though.  We remember well the great times we had with everyone - thanks for the memories!  

I still remember the guild battles, touch rangers, prot monks, minotaur farming (thanks Striker), 2-man ecto farming, WoW raiding in Icecrown, and hearing the professor telling me of the Good News!

Good hearing about you guys!  I just randomly stumbled here and saw this thread - glad I did.

Work is averaging 50-55 hours a week. We recently moved to our new house and have been busy settling in. Just called as Scoutmaster and 2nd Counselor in the young men's presidency in our new ward and expecting baby number 3!

You can catch me in GW2 from time to time, really only doing fractals, PvP has lost its touch in that game, especially sPvP.  :disappointed: 

I also play ESO here and there and been sinking a good chunk of time in Diablo 3 (season 5 ladder).

Kind of therapeutic seeing that I'm not the only one that misses the good old days.  I'm actually in the opposite boat being a mostly empty nester now.  But even with extra time I still have a hard time staying focused on MMO's.  We got an Xbox One for Christmas and that has opened up a fun new world.

Star Wars Battlefront (mind blowing graphics)

Diablo III (I stayed away from this game because of the contotation, but the storyline has been refreshingly positive so far)

And now Ark Survival Evolved is my new vice. 

Any other Xboxers out there?

Work and family take the majority of my time these days along with everybody else. Most of my free time is spent cleaning my car and small road trips, traded in my Subaru bought a Mini Cooper Countryman which is ridiculously fun. 

I'm trying to get an hour here or there on GW2 but still only in WvW and other than that I'm occasionally playing Fallout 4.

I miss you all.

Kind of therapeutic seeing that I'm not the only one that misses the good old days.  I'm actually in the opposite boat being a mostly empty nester now.  But even with extra time I still have a hard time staying focused on MMO's.  We got an Xbox One for Christmas and that has opened up a fun new world.

Star Wars Battlefront (mind blowing graphics)

Diablo III (I stayed away from this game because of the contotation, but the storyline has been refreshingly positive so far)

And now Ark Survival Evolved is my new vice. 

Any other Xboxers out there?

We have an Xbox One.  Our gamer tag is "The Bacon Club."  However, we don't have Gold, which rules out multiplayer, right?  I've heard Ark Survival is good.

Hey hey! I'm still in the Navy. Just about to get assigned to a crew at the command I'm at, so any kind of gaming may diminish. I got FFXIV in Dec. and played through till I beat the campaigns. I just got Division on the PS4. Other than that I've been Sonar Teching and tring to figure out how to be a WML.

Mostly League of Legends, Hearthstone (I see Nikkala on that a lot too) We should play a few game of that. 

And other Steam Games, My steam name is Getrag, so feel free to add me!

I would love to play any Multiplayer game with you guys.  If any of you play League of Legends, hit me up.  Or if you want to learn let's play and I'll teach you!

Lots of Overwatch with a side of Heroes of the Storm. Just impatiently waiting for Legion expansion. Never got to pick up the GW2 expansion, always wanted to but don't have time for it even though a dragon hunter still sounds super fun.

I recently got into recreational pistol shooting and so I go shooting now a bit more in my spare time.

Got it easy at church for now being an advisor to the priests quorum. Just got done with a survival camp with them, where we all got rained on pretty good. 

We are expecting baby number 3 in November and I am working as a web developer for the city.  

If I get time (which is very rare), I tend to play Flight Sims.

However for MMO, I play GW2, as well as Star Trek Online.  I used to play Neverwinter, however that has diminished.  Just not enough time to do all the things necessary!

Bumping the ol' "What's being played" these days thread. 

I'd love to help the community get reconnected here! 

Like I saw mentioned above a couple times people seem to be spread across various consoles and games.

My small LDS RL crew is rocking Ark Survival Evolved on XBOX One lately and we are going to start a dedicated private server (PC based server) on the official launch August 29th.

We also play Battlefront (star wars), Battlefield One, and Destiny (soon to be destiny 2).

Join us for good times if you have time.

Message me here, or add me and message me on xbox live. My gamertag is "ninj0shua"

Hey.  I think the only real active community games are GW2 and WoW.

I'd be open to playing something, though I don't have an Xbox One.  I do have a PS4 though.  I was playing FFXIV, might get back into that.  Was playing Black Desert Online, but it got a bit repetitive.  Try as I might I can't get into GW2, which is too bad.  I enjoyed it a lot when it launched and the community was really active there.  I get bored of the combat there for some reason.  I've been playing some single player games and working on my MUD (d20mud.com) as well.

Hi Gicker, good to hear from you!  I see you on Hearthstone once in a while, don't I?  I spend most of my gaming time playing Hearthstone, Eternal, or Elder Scrolls: Legends, with some additional time in SWTOR which is the only MMORPG I really play anymore.  I'm really enjoying the online card games, though.  Eternal is probably my favorite because I find it more interactive than Hearthstone but I like all three.  

I pop on Diablo III once in a blue moon, so you're probably just seeing me online as my Blizzard user.  I am thinking about playing Hearthstone with my 10 year old, if she likes it, though.  SWtoR is fun, though I haven't played in a while.  What do you do there when you play?