Sign in to follow this  
Ordin

Raiding?

I haven't heard much talk of raiding since it was released in game and I was wondering if the guild has started a game plan? I dont expect to be on the team that goes in and tests and hammers down the guilds raid strategy, but I would like to get in there eventually. Perhaps people can use this topic to state their interest and what classes they would like to raid with. I will begin first of all by stating that I was an active raider in Lord of the Rings Online and successfully finished The RIft, The Vile Maw, and Dar Narbagad on several occasions each. 

Classes that I would be comfortable raiding with - in order of most comfort- include DPS Reaper, DPS Herald (full ascended), Chronomancer, Condi Engineer, Condi ranger (perhaps druid if needed). In reality, the only class that I would'nt want to bring is Thief, because its fun to play but Im too smooshy on one. 

I'm ready to go, Tank/Support Guardian or Healing Druid.

Let's get a day/time setup and coordinate in game and try it out.

Dulfy has the first set of strats already on the website.

Alright... How do Friday nights look?  I was thinking we could put together a raid this friday starting at 2030 Central ( 8:30pm).  This should allow for both east and west to participate.  If you are interested please reply, so we can see if we have enough numbers

While we're getting ready, it might be worth getting familiar with at least the first boss. I've made two attempts at it with a friend's guild and we progressively did better each time, but couldn't down it. It does become a DPS check as there is only 8 mins to down him. This video is helpful:

I can go most Fridays. Ill def start out playing dps. I have read good things about reaper and herald, so Ill bring one of those.

Edited by Ordin

Thats the question of the day. My wife said that she could fill a spot in an emergency, but she has never raided before. At least she is in full exotic. Hopefully it wont come to that.

Well Im sorry to say it everyone, but I hit a brick wall with GW2 the other day, so I probably wont be raiding. I love gliding in the maps, but the events in those areas are like watching paint dry and are too under rewarding to me. I feel like the direction that the game is heading is not what I was a GW fan for. Hopefully the next release will have better maps.

Well Im sorry to say it everyone, but I hit a brick wall with GW2 the other day, so I probably wont be raiding. I love gliding in the maps, but the events in those areas are like watching paint dry and are too under rewarding to me. I feel like the direction that the game is heading is not what I was a GW fan for. Hopefully the next release will have better maps.

This makes me sad.