Sign in to follow this  
Kevkelsar

Guild Hall Progression

First of all, a HUGE thanks for all who came out to claim the Guild Hall last night, it was a blast having so many of us together!  For those who are not familiar with how you enter the Guild Hall, simply hit 'G' to open your Guild Panel, then on the button in the upper right of the Guild Panel to travel immediately to the Guild Hall at any time.

For now, it's pretty sparse.  We need to get upgrades going before so we can progress the Guild and unlock Scribing.  Follow this link for a brief overview of how the upgrades will work out in the beginning:

Guild Hall Upgrades

It's very easy to check what we need for upgrades.  Simply speak to the Guild Treasurer NPC located in the middle of the Guild Hall and he will show you what we already have and what we still need.  In addition, many of the future upgrades will require gold, so feel free to donate gold into the Guild Bank, too.  For now, to get the Tavern, we really need flax seeds and coarse sand.  We have a couple people working hard to make the items that require them (mugs and kegs), so if you have any flax seeds and/or coarse sand you'd be willing to donate, simply place them in the Guild Bank.  If you don't have access to donate into the Deep Cave (lowest tier in Guild Bank), please contact an officer and they will promote your rank so you can donate.

My goodness...lots of Flax Seeds and Coarse Sand still needed even after getting the Tavern.  We have the Mine and our Aetherium storage has been increased, so next will be the Workshop which unlocks Scribes and personal bank access while in the Guild Hall.  We need a lot of Linseed Oil, each one requires 20 Flax Seeds.

We just finished our Market, which now opens up the possibility of getting a Guild Hall Decorator NPC.

Please check out each individual Proprietor to see what will be needed to get the upgrades you would like to have.  Or, if you simply don't care what order we upgrade, check in regularly with the Treasurer to see what materials we need for all upgrades that are available to us at this time.  If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask.  The Guild Hall progression system can be a bit confusing/overwhelming, but many of us have been very involved with the process and are more than willing to help.

Since I noticed some rather bizarre requirements for some of the later upgrades, thought I'd point one out in particular. There are many upgrades that require EXOTIC Essences of Luck. I've provided a list of the upgrades requiring these, as well as the amounts thereof, below (acquired from http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Essence_of_Luck_(exotic)):

Further Exploration

Guild Enhancement: Magic Find

Objective Aura 1: Magic Find

Scribing: Guild Gold and Magic Find Banner

Scribing: Guild Heroes Banner

Scribing: Guild Magic Find Banner

As a reminder, essences of luck can be refined from lower tiers into higher tiers by Artificers (this can actually be done at rank 1 Artificer, all the way to exotic!).

Something to plan ahead for, since acquiring that much exotic essence can take quite a long time...