Sign in to follow this  
RyanGarlick

First Time Builder

Hey! So I am building a custom PC and was wondering if I could get some second opinions on it. It is a little high end and I have already purchased the Case, power supply, and optical drive because they have all had pretty nice sales since starting this. I'm 99% sure that there is no conflicts in the hardware and I will be running 1080p at 140fps (or at least that is the goal). So tell me your thoughts and if there is anything you would change or upgrade/downgrade on. Thank you!

The PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VwqXcf

Also I painted the case already so it is a matte black with all the mesh a sort of light blue (looks really nice and will see if I can get some pics up some time. But I am trying to think of a name for it. I have also decided to paint this sort of tribal rhino decal thing on the side.

I'd consider the X99 platform with a 5820K 6 core / 12 thread CPU, reasons?

• Higher bandwidth PCIe lanes, you can run two GPU's at x16:x16 instead of x16:x8
  • Greater capability for heavy multi task jobs, video/photo rendering, streaming, VM Machines, etc...
  • Within $20 of the 6700K
  • Greater investment buy for the long haul, even after Pascal and Greenlake launch next year.

I've never been a big fan of EVGA motherboards, most of them I've seen come in dead or have persisting issues. I'd switch it out for a high end Asus board.

Consider an M.2 SSD instead of a SATA III device, better read/write speeds, running through PCIe lanes. I'd also go with 500GB if you play several games. I use a 256GB SSD and I'm getting close to max and I only have a few games installed.

Could spend less on higher frequency RAM and buy 2400 and overclock them to 3000+ MHz.

Either way you look at it, with what you're spending, you'll have a rig that will blow away most modern games @1080p.

Edited by Roontek