Sign in to follow this  
RyanGarlick

Heart Of Thorns Guild Preparation

Hey!

With the expansion of Heart of Thorns only 15 days away I feel the need to start preparing for what is upcoming with the new features, as I am sure some of you do as well. This included but is not limited too:

1 - Which Guild Hall shall we choose (and how are we paying for it)

2 - Who is willing to be Guild Scribes to help decorate the base

3 - Getting people back active in the game!

4 - Getting Guild Night back!

5 - (anything else you can think of)

This is just a short list of things we can do as a community to really get more prepared for the swiftly upcoming expansion. (Also please tell me if there is more that can be added to this list and such)

On another note, Guild Promotion/Allowances.

I bring this up because the other day I was in WvW and after a couple hours of taking Supply Camps and such me and a small group took a Tower. I then walked up to claim it for our Guild so that others may bask in the awesomeness that is Mormon Battalion! Upon talking to the guild claiming npc, he told me I don't have permission to do that. I then ask around in the guild and it seems like there are only a few that do. 

When it comes to promotion as well I feel like no one ever get promoted because we haven't had as many people on as we would all like. There are some of us that are still actively playing that I feel should be given more responsibility as we are the ones that are active and trying to keep the guild alive (because no one wants to be stuck as an esquire all their days). 

These are just my thoughts and I am possibly very wrong in some of these but communication is always a great thing. Tell me your thoughts and we can see if we can start getting this ball rolling and have those great times just like back in the day with GW1 and all those UWsc runs and such.

Thank you,

Rhyon Ad Mortem

This is something I have been wanting to get going as well.  I know for sure I will not be able to take as much of a lead role as I have in the past even though I really want to.  Here are my thoughts on the items you have mentioned.  

1 - Which Guild Hall shall we choose (and how are we paying for it)

We will have to wait and see what they are like.  On the plus side, guilds can freely switch Guild Halls with no penalties like we could in GW1, so it's not something we can "get wrong."   :)

2 - Who is willing to be Guild Scribes to help decorate the base

My understanding is the materials used by Scribes will be deposited into the Guild Vault or whatever the thing is called that isn't the Guild Bank where people can simply deposit the materials Scribes can be used.  Has there been specific information released on how Scribes will work?  Meaning, is it simply a new crafting profession any player can choose to pick up like the others?  Or is it a special Guild Craft that is assigned by the Guild?

3 - Getting people back active in the game!

Give me more than 24 hours in a day and I'd be way more active!!!   :D  We'll have to see how many return for HoT.  However, I'm not as optimistic as others because those who are excited for HoT are already playing regularly.  I'm sure there are a few who will play whatever other games they love right now and then switch over when HoT releases, but I'm betting those will be the minority.  I could be wrong, so we'll have to wait and see! 

4 - Getting Guild Night back!

These might be a bit easier once the new Guild Missions are in place since they are tuning them for smaller groups to be able to do, and they will be instanced.  However, for the time being, if there are a good number online, including an Officer who can start them, feel free to suggest doing some Guild Missions, like Bounties and Rushes which can be done with groups as small as 4 or 5.  Guild Puzzles are best with at least 10, but they can be done with as few as 6.  Challenges are best with 10 at least 15 or more.

5 - (anything else you can think of)

As you've mentioned, Guild leadership needs an overhaul to be reinvigorated.  While I'm more than happy to help lead, I recognize I'm not as active as I used to be and would like to be.  Therefore, I'd be more than willing to give up my spot to someone more able and simply take a more subdued role within the Guild.

Thanks for bringing these up, Eisen!

Sweet So we can change what hall we want and stuff but WHEN should we try to schedule the Excavation. I am thinking that because HoT comes out on Friday the 23, we should probably try to optimize our participation by doing it on Saturday the 24th or possible that next week (because people will be going mad playing the other content possibly) or bringing the (what i think was) Tuesday Night Guild Night back with that being the first!

I think now we are still in the early stages to see when people are available. I don't know if Tuesdays will still be event nights as we want to get as many guildies and leaders on at the same time that we will see how that goes. 

I started playing again over the weekend.  It seems we have a good amount of people on a lot of the time.  Most people are quietly doing their own thing and no one is on mumble.  I miss the group play, dungeon runs, Fractals and Guild events.

I started playing again over the weekend.  It seems we have a good amount of people on a lot of the time.  Most people are quietly doing their own thing and no one is on mumble.  I miss the group play, dungeon runs, Fractals and Guild events.

Does this mean you will start answering us on mumble?

We need to gather Guild Influence for that first week before we can purchase the Expedition. So we will have to see what guild missions are available to us before we are able to actually get it all ready to go.

Its the new guild influence stuff not the current one. The current one will only give us a slight speed boost to crafting banners and such. We get the new stuff for going around with people in the guild once HoT is released.

With regards to the guild halls... I recommend the guilded hallow ... it is expansive and really open to design! Unless an officer strongly disagrees, this is the way to go!  

I will be back after Nov 8th... until then if things need to happen...  Kev, Jerron, Bris, Zator and SSJDMAN will work together to to keep things organised.

Saturday nights will once again be a guild night 

By the way, does anyone know if guild halls will be accessible by those that haven't upgraded to HoT? I imagine not all of the features will be available, but I'd hope at least the physical location is.

By the way, does anyone know if guild halls will be accessible by those that haven't upgraded to HoT? I imagine not all of the features will be available, but I'd hope at least the physical location is.

As far as I have heard there will be some features you are not able to access but you will be able to go there

Oh Idk  if yall have see this but A-Net just released a new trailer for the new class they are trying to work in for the next big patch come January. Check it out!

April Fools from before the game even came out. Nice try.