Boaz

Returning To Gw2

Howdy Folks,

I'm returning to GW2 and before I invest a lot of time/energy to a new character, I'd like to ask MB a few questions to help me:

1.)  Is MB active in Guild Wars 2 still?  Active meaning, you raid/dungeon on a regular basis (once a week-ish)

2.)  What classes would be most beneficial to the guild for raids/dungeons?  I'd like to play a class that would be helpful to the guild.  I'm looking at Warrior, Ranger, and Elementalist atm.  I like each and have played them past level 10.

3.)  Are a lot of MB GW2 players planning to move to another MMO/game soon?  I'd hate to level up, only to know that most players are burned out with GW2 and move on to something like Camelot Unchained or some other game in Beta.

Very Respectfully,

Boaz

Hey Boaz! We'd love to have you back, and here's my response to your questions:

1.)  Is MB active in Guild Wars 2 still?  Active meaning, you raid/dungeon on a regular basis (once a week-ish)

Fairly active, the game has been around a few years now so the initial activity level has dropped off, but we have a group of a dozen ish players that's still active (online pretty much daily) and representing the guild, and a few more that play regular but don't represent the guild when they do so for whatever reason. Personally I try to get on and grab as many guildies as I can for dungeon fun on a near daily basis, as well as participating in world boss meta events.

2.)  What classes would be most beneficial to the guild for raids/dungeons?  I'd like to play a class that would be helpful to the guild.  I'm looking at Warrior, Ranger, and Elementalist atm.  I like each and have played them past level 10.

Guild Wars 2 is not a game which requires you to fit a specific cookie cutter party makeup to succeed, play whatever you like the most! Of the three classes you named, Elementalist is probably the hardest to master, and all three are very useful in most situations. I'd welcome any of them in a dungeon group, even if they were duplicating a class already in the group.

3.)  Are a lot of MB GW2 players planning to move to another MMO/game soon?  I'd hate to level up, only to know that most players are burned out with GW2 and move on to something like Camelot Unchained or some other game in Beta.

If anything, as the first full expansion approaches activity levels will increase. I anticipate a resurgence of the old crowd when Heart of Thorns comes out, and a surge leading up towards the release as people begin preparations for leveling up a new Revenant and exploring new content!

Hope to see you soon!

I deleted my toons (all were below level 10) and moved to Yak's Bend.  My character is named Charkul.  My GW2 account is Boaz.1694.

Send me a guild invite and I will fight for MoB!

Welcome back!  Just remember, GW2 is not your standard MMO with gear/dungeon/raid grinds to progress once you hit level cap.  Personally, I have no plans to switch to a different game, I still enjoy GW2 too much.  I don't even have enough spare time to do all I want to do in GW2.

I just need something different from WoW.  LOTRO isn't cutting it.  I'm really just waiting for either Camelot Unchained or Pathfinder Online to be "fully" released.  I like games with territory control and character dungeons/raids.  Darkfall and Mortal Online just didn't work for me.  Global Agenda was my favorite game until everyone left due to bots.

However, Guild Wars has a special place since it was my first MMO.

Edited by Boaz