Sign in to follow this  
Eldryth

Wow Token Coming Soon- Trade Gold And Subscription Time!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18141101/introducing-the-wow-token-3-2-2015

It's confirmed now, in 6.1.2, you'll be able to use in game gold to purchase game time from other players.  It works just like in EVE Online and Wildstar- one player buys a token with real money from the Blizzard Store, then sells it in game.  The buyer just has to use the token to add 30 days of subscription time.  It can only be sold once though before it becomes Soulbound.  Prices will depend on each server's market.

Since lapsed accounts can now log in on a character level 20 or lower, you can even purchase one without a sub- provided you have enough money on a low level character.

Since lapsed accounts can now log in on a character level 20 or lower, you can even purchase one without a sub- provided you have enough money on a low level character.

Okay, here's the million dollar (or gold?) question: do lapsed accounts have no money restriction? Last time I checked, Starter Accounts had a 10G per character cap, and the recent ability to play on lapsed accounts doesn't allow access to characters above level 20, so I'm not sure how this'll work without requiring an initial subscription investment.

I did recently confirm that the 10G cap still exists for lapsed accounts. Thus, the only way to make use of the WoW token is to have a current subscription... or have a level 20 or lower character that was LOADED with gold BEFORE the subscription lapsed.

Or hope they remove the money cap for lapsed accounts when WoW Token comes out.