AtomicPaperclip

Intro: Atomic Paperclip

About me:

Bountiful 25th Ward, 44 years old, married w/ 3 kids: 15, 12, 4

What I am currently playing:

Rocksmith 2014

Hearthstone

Heroes of the Storm (I'm in the technical Alpha, but I didn't get an email. Just saw it as an option on my Battle.net launcher)

Path of Exile

Battle.net: AtomicPaper#1157

Interests outside of gaming:

Dutch oven cooking

Dr. Who (way far behind, still on 10th Doctor David Tennant)

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (funny that I would find this by way of Team Fortress 2)

Settlers of Catan

Ha ha, Kev, that sounds hilarious!  

Atomic Paperclip, I wish you lived closer to us!  (We live in Ohio.)  We have five kids ages 5-15, and my husband LOVES Dutch oven cooking.  He has literally over 30 Dutch ovens, from tiny tiny to the size to feed the ward.  He would really like to have more Dutch oven fans nearby; it's kind of a lonely hobby out here.  We also enjoy many board games including Settlers of Catan/Zarahemla, Puerto Rico, Ticket to Ride, etc.

My entire family (except my husband) plays Hearthstone, and we like it a lot.  I will add you as a friend--look for "Nikkala."  We're looking forward to the upcoming expansion--wow, RNG galore!  My 15-year-old daughter is into Dr. Who and I've watched the first season, which I enjoyed.  I just haven't had time to watch the rest yet.  What is "Heroes of the Storm?"  

At any rate, welcome!  We're so glad you found us!  

Hi! This is Nikkala's 15-year-old daughter mentioned above. I am a huge whovian myself. Tennant is the best. :) I play Hearthstone occasionally, at the very least once a month to get the card back.

Welcome!  :party: 

Welcome.  I play Path of Exile, waiting for the one week race for now.  I usually play in the hardcore leagues and enjoy racing (I am not a particularly good racer, but it lets me not worry about being so casual and not mapping).

Nikkala,

Heroes of the Storm is Blizzard's take on the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA for short) akin to Riot's League of Legends and Valve's DOTA 2. It is in Technical Alpha right now, with a closed beta coming Jan. 15th(?).

The International Dutch Oven Society (IDOS.org) does not have a chapter in your state. Maybe you could start one. I only have one 10" dutch oven for now. I've been watching Alton Brown's Good Eats on Netflix. S1E3 was all about dutch ovens. I should probably make something for Thanksgiving tomorrow. We're grilling steaks as we had our traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday with the inlaws.

Welcome.  I play Path of Exile, waiting for the one week race for now.  I usually play in the hardcore leagues and enjoy racing (I am not a particularly good racer, but it lets me not worry about being so casual and not mapping).

I play once a week (schedule permitting) on Friday nights with some friends on the Standard League. We are in Act III on normal right now, trying to figure out how to do the quests.

Interests outside of gaming:
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (funny that I would find this by way of Team Fortress 2)

Yeees! Although, oddly enough, I found out through an artist I watch on DA. The guy uploads a lot of really awesome dragon art... and then, one day, uploads an MLP picture. This raised an eyebrow for me, so I watched an episode ("Over a Barrel"). Only 2 minutes of corny before they got into some quirky humor, an actually good action sequence, and a rapid-fire pun sequence. Actually, the pun sequence was the clincher, because it showed that the people working on the show had talent and, most importantly, actually cared. It's nice to know things only improved from there (figures that John de Lancie would find another show where he become the fan-favorite guest star... and practically play the same role).

I wonder if there'd be enough interest in Dutch Oven cooking on Ohio to form a chapter.  Alton Brown's Good Eats is awesome!  You have good taste (pun intended).  :)

Nikkala,

Heroes of the Storm is Blizzard's take on the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA for short) akin to Riot's League of Legends and Valve's DOTA 2. It is in Technical Alpha right now, with a closed beta coming Jan. 15th(?).

The International Dutch Oven Society (IDOS.org) does not have a chapter in your state. Maybe you could start one. I only have one 10" dutch oven for now. I've been watching Alton Brown's Good Eats on Netflix. S1E3 was all about dutch ovens. I should probably make something for Thanksgiving tomorrow. We're grilling steaks as we had our traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday with the inlaws.