Amulek

Guild Wars 2 Guild . . . Dying?

Over the past few months I have seen our number of people online dwindle to large groups of 15-20+ people on at any given time to almost 1 or none on most days. I have heard many people say that for them the game has lost all its fun-ness and that it has become stagnant and uninviting. I have even been asked by those that are still playing both old and new guildies if the guild is in its death throes. I have assured them that it isn't that we are just going through a normal phase of wane but I am starting to wonder myself. Is our guild dying? Are we moving to a different game? Should I invite any new Mormon friends to join the guild? Is the game really gotten that bad? Is no one interested in the story and the fellowship we once had?

If the answer is simply that real life has been busy for most if not all then I will understand. But I have lived through the joining a guild or group only to see it die and interest in the main game to atrophy. I'm not sure if I can bear to see such a good group as us and the fun and memories we had die. I love this community and those in it. So I will try my best to be on more often and I will play with anyone who is interested in joining me for fun and just friendly get together. :embarrassed:

The guild is not dying, the game is dying. People dont want to play a game made by a company who obviously just want to make a quick buck over and over again. anet is not the same company that it was a few years ago.

I'm too busy. On average, I think I have played 3 to 4 hours per week. Some weeks I don't even have the chance to log on. While I am very frustrated with ANet, I don't have a better alternative. I refuse to ever pay a monthly fee, and the free to play games are either poor quality or too restrictive.

I think what anet needs to do is make an expansion with sweeping changes to the game that make it feel new and fresh. Every mmo that I have seen that doesn't do expansions usually dies because there are no massive changes that make it feel as if its a new world and game.but they have no plans for one so its like screw that

Yup, we played Guild Wars 1 for so long because they kept adding in expansions. Right up through EotN, we'd have a cycle of folks dropping out after a few months, then coming right back when the new expansion launched. The living story model is great in theory, but really if a person is bored with the content, they're not going to log in once every two weeks just to bang out a teaspoon of new content in an hour or two. Why, after all, would a person spend an hour or two playing a game they've essentially given up on?

Like i said the the where is everyone post, I dont think I am coming back to guild wars 2, it is not the people I play with but the game, I do not have a shred of interest left for gw2, an expansion might peak my interest, but it might not be enough to bring me back, I love the MOB group, I am not currently playing a MMO, which are kind of the staple around here, I like multiplayer games, but i have been turned off of MMOs in general. I dont have the time for them, normally I only have maybe 30 mins at a time to play, and I know there are things i can do in 30 min in gw2, but i need the social aspect and most of the time i can get on is either before most people got on or after most people got off. with my work schedule that is just how it works for me.

I am playing alot of games on steam and most are multi player, so if anyone wants to play just shoot me a message here or on steam and we can play something :) 

For me, marriage happened (and other things, but mostly marriage). Wife aggro for me is VERY sporadic and spontaneous. I could be called away 5 times in 10 minutes, or for 20 full minutes just moments after starting the game, or called away indefinitely, or (on rare occasions) nothing will happen.

I think the way things are in game is fairly indicative of the overall state of the game. I was able to get on for a few hours yesterday. Usually the Mad King's Realm is full of people farming. In the two hours I played, every instance of the Realm I was in were deserted. There may have been 5 others, at most. Either no one is playing there, or the mega server system is really messed up for the Mad Realm.

I might have another go eventually.  Right now, I'm logging in for just a few minutes when each chapter releases, then when I come back I'll play through it all in one go.  Possibly with a new character too.  I just hope they scrap this whole "no expansions" idea- I will admit they've been getting better at continuing the story, but gameplay wise GW2 is extremely stale.

I led a nice little zerg in the lab tonight! Even ran into another MoBber in the process and got a good 2K candy corn out of it. Just need the 1 minute achievement now, and new LS is coming out in a couple weeks too I think. 

For me, my problems are two fold.

1)  I recently started grad school and don't have much time to play games.  The time that I do have is usally only enough to get on and maybe get the daily achievements.  After a while, it just got too repetitive for me, so I've switched to other games where I feel I can do more in half hour spurts.

2)  When I do have time, it's usually during the day when few people are on.  There have been a few times now that everyone has been getting on to play together at about the time that I'm getting off to go to bed.

the game director for gw2 had some interesting things and hinted that they are trying to bring the feeling of gw1 lore wise and otherwise into gw2 so .  . . . I wonder how that will be.

I have for the most part been uninterested with the new content. I have downloaded the latest update and will give it a whirl. I have spent my time in ArcheAge with a guild called Disposable Heros and have been having a good time. There is plenty to do and the end game with the PvP is a kick.

They just released the new area and despite the hiccups it continues to hold my interest. They still have a ton of stuff on the horizon (submarines! and such). The maritime battles and trade runs are a kick.

This game absolutely isn't perfect but there are many things I like about it. The questing is pointless for the most part (your are rewarded with quest armor and weapons as you level) but one can level in other ways (Crafting) much like GW2.

If you have an interest let me know. I would start a new toon and level with you...it's fun for me.

Exploring is fun especially when you get your glider and upgrade it...anyway let me know. I'm on the Esla server and as a human or elf on the Western Continent.

Time is the problem for me - and I think I am still burned out by the whole Scarlet story arc.  I dunno.  But real life being as it is, I rarely have time to play ANY game, let alone GW2.  If I do ended up with any, it's mostly games that I won't have to wait for people to show up i.e Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2 (which is essentially the same game as D3) on Steam.  I just saw a new patch - might need to get into the story more.  We shall see.  In any case if anything, miss the people, not so much the game.  :)

I think it's more than the quality (or lack thereof) of the game.  A lot of us have been members of this guild for years (about 7 years or so for me) and realistically my life was different 7 years ago.  Upon reading these posts most people seem to have just moved onto other things in life.  Honestly, that's kind of the natural progression of things.  As people age, usually their priorities change and often so does what they find pleasure/contentment in.  I'd actually find it interesting to find out who still logs in just for the hope or memory of the "good 'ol days" only to find a bittersweet disappointment in what has gone.  I logged in a couple months ago, the first time in a long time, and I tried playing for a couple days.  For being a game with lots of other people I mostly felt alone.  For me, it was kind of like visiting my old high school years later.  Fun to remember, but not much more than that.  

For those that provide new, fresh, blood, GREAT!  I would love to see it continue.  

Work....but they have finally hired me some help, starting monday and I hope to be on more. I have been working late almost every night for 6months.It has been rough. I had fun hanging with desse the other night and doing the new content. I still like gw2.

Well its sad to see people have lost interest in the game. For me its brand new as we just picked it up for $10 at a recent promo Arena had. :)

I don't know what the reaction was when it was first released, but I have been very impressed with the shear depth of the content. I especially love the XP for just exploring each region; the OCD in me can't resist completing the entire map. :)  I can however see how that can wear thin after a while.

So if anyone is interested in exploring with an old adventurer, I will be on Yak's Bend most nights.

Tantheos.6432

Sounds good to me.  My GW2 tag is in my signature.  I am usually on either as Khirsah SIlverclw or Caide Delancis.  I'd really enjoy some company while I roam the wilds of Tyria :D

Since this thread, an expansion was announced and a lot of people come back.  There are guild events every Tuesday night (9 EST, I think), although I'm not too active since I'm mostly waiting for the new Profession.