Sign in to follow this  
Micropterus

Cancelling Wow

Well I finally got a job. Between preparing for the new job and thesis writing I haven't been very active on WoW. I have to move on the Sept 20th and will be living someone's basement. I am hoping to get my own place fairly soon. I don't know the internet situation where I will live (and probably can't afford it until my first check), so I am cancelling my subscription for a month or so. Sucks, but that's way it goes sometimes. I plan on buying WoD with my first check and resubscribing by the time WoD comes out.

Hopefully, I can find some time to log on soon before I have to move.

I'm sad to say that I will also be cancelling WoW, but for a very different reason.  Probably for good this time.  I used to love WoW, but have been getting burned out faster and faster recently.  I expected the new expansion to draw me back in completely but... I got into the beta and I just can't get into it.

Don't get me wrong, the expansion's probably the best shape WoW's been in since Burning Crusade.  I think I've just gotten all the enjoyment I can out of WoW- maybe in a few years I'll give it another try, but for now I'm done.  Really though, I've gotten almost 10 years of enjoyment out of the game, so this had to come sooner or later.

I just hope Blizzard support does decide to refund my prepurchase; they do have a history of being helpful in cases like this.

Yeah I still think people are leaving in droves. It's still a great game but people who bailed during Cataclysm wont ever give it another chance. Which is too bad because I think they have fixed all the mistakes and improved the game to a point that it is as good as it was during BC. But like I said most people only stick around if there are people worth playing with and that number is sadly dwindling.

Sorry to see you go! Eldryth, I'm hoping the expansion is cool. That's why I reactivated our accounts! 

Lizzy

I definitely think it is, but after 10 years of coming and going, I'm just not enjoying it anymore.  Don't think there's anything wrong with the game, just way too burned out.

Sorry to hear about both of you, Virgil and Eldryth. 

Virgil:  David Webb is from Nixa, MO.  Did you know that? :cyclops: :cyclops: :cyclops: I hope you're back on soon!!

Eldryth:  I hear you bro!  WoW is my release from everything in RL, which is why I'm still here.  I've left a few times, mostly because of demanding church callings, but I've always come back.  I hope Curtis comes back in about 4 years after he's released as Bishop. :D  I'm sure the guild will still be here if you ever decide to come back; by that time it may even be F2P.  You'll be missed!

Eldryth has been in WoW forever.  Nice to see some old faces still raiding here.  Me?  Well, I have been playing any MMO for awhile now.  But I do like to hop on here from time to time to see who is playing.  Curtis...which character does he play again?  I didn't know he was bishop!