Amulek

My Dad . . . Heart Attack :(

My Father is in critical condition at Sunrise Hospital. He had a heart attack during the night and they are unsure if he will make it through. He has recieved a blessing that was really good and the paramedics were litterally on Lamb behind our house when the call came through. So I am looking at it that the Lord knew it would happen and provided a way to help. Please keep him in your prayers. His name is Terry Smith.

My father is in stable but critical condition still. They still have him on deep freeze to preserve his brain . . . later today they will start to raise his temperature back up. After 18-24 hours of that we just wait till he wakes up. And then once he is warm and\or awake they will deal with the ramification as they happen. If heart is in need then that, if kidneys, etc etc. But so far the numbers look good blood pressure, heart rate and other functions are good. So we are hoping for the best. Once he is awake we will know whether there is any memory loss or brain damage. As the brain doesn't regenerate but things can come back we are still looking at a long recovery. If the damage is too extensive he will need to be put in a nursing home type deal until and if he fully recovers. If the damage is minor we can take him home but still have like a nurse that comes over. Also my mom is finally coming down to Las Vegas to be with me for a month during this whole process :) so another thing for my dad to look forward to :)

Wow! I'm so sorry this is happening. I'll be praying for him & your family. I'm glad to hear that your mom will be in town to help with this challenging time.

I feel like I should say something more but have no clue what that something more is. *hugs* I guess I'll just go pray.

Im sorry to hear this. Im glad to hear that your faith is seeing you through this hard time. The two of you will have a great reunion some day and will be able to talk about all that you worked through together in mortal life.

Edited by Ordin

Oh, I did totally miss that post!  I'm so sorry.  My face is all red.  Amulek, I am sorry for your loss.  How are you holding up?  Are you getting the help and support you need?

My mom is here. And I am taking it one day at a time. It just slow going and I still miss my father terribly but there have been many things that have showed that this is God's time table and that great things are inbound if I get back on track. Alot of the things are stuff that my father and I have prayed for for years. Later I might tell you all a little testimony building that has happened. But I have been amazed how God has made everything come together and to me it seems like it is an amazing answer to my dad's most earnest prayers.