SSJ DMAN

Where Are People Now?

I want to start out by saying this is in no way shape or form a complaint that no one is ever on any more. That's fine with me, but for those of you who are still on, what have you been up to as of late? What are you working on? What would you like to do? 

That's a good question...I know you are meaning gaming-wise, but to explain why I'm not doing a whole lot gaming-wise, here's my list of what I've been up to:

1)  learning to play the piano

2)  signed up for Pathway (BYU-Idaho online education)

3)  painting rooms in the house, one by one

4)  gardening

5)  school shopping

6)  trying to become a better cook

7)  organizing my house

8)  fulfilling my callings as RS Secretary and Troop Committee Chair

9)  going to the temple

10)  spending time with my kids, husband, and relatives

The last one, spending time with my kids, is what might get me back into Guild Wars 2.  Gylfie has set a goal to get the longbow legendary (Kudzu) and she is getting back into Guild Wars 2 as she wants to experience the new living story.  I will probably come back to keep her company.

Gaming-wise, I am also enjoying Hearthstone, and EQ2, as well as Baldur's Gate, Heroes of Might and Magic and Civilization V (yep, I'm old-school), but I have very little time to spend on any of them.  I'm OK with that, for now.  My youngest son enters Kindergarten this week and I will have some uninterrupted time, in which I hope to catch up on the 10 items above.  Then we'll see if I have more time for gaming.

I started playing GW1 for awhile, and then moved on to Skyrim. I want to get back into GW2, but I dont thing that I will ever be at the same activity level as the "old days" ever again. The GW2 devs seem to be content with squeezing money out of the cash shop and not making GW2 the game it has potential to be. 

I'm still here! Just busy, as usual.

I still want to know what 300+ people at ANet are doing with all their time. Because if it takes 300+ people working full time to get the content we have been getting (meaning quantity), they're in big trouble or they're really making a killing with the gems.

Also, many prominent developers have not been heard from in a very long time. The owner, Mike O'Brien. The one who was pretty much running the CDIs, Chris Whiteside. These two, and a handful of others who were quite vocal and public within the first year and a half have been almost completely MIA for a long time

I don't see why people are so upset over the game. Personally I find it just a fun hobby. I trust that something is coming soon based on some things i have heard, but I am just going to enjoy the ride. 

Just thought I'd add...the Cake Cannon (Birthday Blaster) you get for your second birthday is pretty cool!

Agreed. Oh and I agree with the expansion thing as well. What I am confused about is how people feel cheated about the game. 

I don't feel cheated...for me the main negatives I feel toward the game come from the "grindy grindy" nature of earning gold (prefer exploration?  you're gonna be poor) and the RNG aspects (didn't get that Ghastly Grinning Gourd shield out of the Halloween chests that first year?...too bad for you).  But it's a free to play game so I can't really say I feel cheated.  Just not as motivated.

Where am I?  Away from gaming mostly.  I just don't have the time for it anymore and the time I do have to play, I spend with my son playing the Wii U (Mario Kart 8, Lego Marvel, Disney Infinity, soon Lego Hobbit...).  If I had more time, I could see myself playing a little bit here and there, but GW2 just never caught fire with me.  Also, my son is just a bit too young still to play so we enjoy console time together.  Xbox One purchase in the next few months....hopefully!  (Sorry Sony.....I have a hate hate relationship with you!  Similar to Samsung...when capacitors on a TV explode just a few days outside the warranty period, that tells me you chose crappy components to save money, which loses all confidence with me.  Thankfully, I can fix stuff like that myself and no issues since!)

--Sorry for getting sidetracked there.  :)

Where am I?  Away from gaming mostly.  I just don't have the time for it anymore and the time I do have to play, I spend with my son playing the Wii U (Mario Kart 8, Lego Marvel, Disney Infinity, soon Lego Hobbit...).  If I had more time, I could see myself playing a little bit here and there, but GW2 just never caught fire with me.  Also, my son is just a bit too young still to play so we enjoy console time together.  Xbox One purchase in the next few months....hopefully!  (Sorry Sony.....I have a hate hate relationship with you!  Similar to Samsung...when capacitors on a TV explode just a few days outside the warranty period, that tells me you chose crappy components to save money, which loses all confidence with me.  Thankfully, I can fix stuff like that myself and no issues since!)

--Sorry for getting sidetracked there.   :)

I'm curious how you like the Xbox One, Jandar, please let us know!  We have the Wii U as it is more kid-friendly but I can't bring myself to play it much.  

I'm still here! Just busy, as usual.

I still want to know what 300+ people at ANet are doing with all their time. Because if it takes 300+ people working full time to get the content we have been getting (meaning quantity), they're in big trouble or they're really making a killing with the gems.

Also, many prominent developers have not been heard from in a very long time. The owner, Mike O'Brien. The one who was pretty much running the CDIs, Chris Whiteside. These two, and a handful of others who were quite vocal and public within the first year and a half have been almost completely MIA for a long time

Ask and you shall receive 

Edited by SSJ DMAN

Mostly real-life stuff. As a newlywed with a new job, trying to get a new home, and trying to get kids, it means my attention is drawn to the real world often. This is why I haven't been able to do dungeons or fractals recently. Wife aggro is a VERY real thing for me (either constantly repeated, or lengthy, or both). Although, today I'm stuck helping my wife babysit the kids of two different families, with no option to bring my laptop (only this phone).

I pretty much just have time for dailies recently.

Edited by Luregas

I hadn't played any games in the last 2 months or so.  I was finally hired as a permanent employee after being a contractor for 2 1/2 years.  In July we moved to a new house.   I played SWTOR for a few months in the spring, and just last week decided to give Wow a try after a 3 year break.  

I've started playing Archeage and really enjoy it (except the ridiculous queues, which I hope they address soon), I've transferred back to Yaks Bend as of last evening so I may play while waiting for AA, Other than that it's about real world stuff for me

I've started playing Archeage and really enjoy it (except the ridiculous queues, which I hope they address soon), I've transferred back to Yaks Bend as of last evening so I may play while waiting for AA, Other than that it's about real world stuff for me

Glad to hear you're back on Yak's! Let's get in some WvW soon!

Been busy with RL, they've had a mass firing on the place where I work so I am busy keeping my job and not be fired.  With that said, it leaves very little time for online gaming, especially the grinding aspect of GW2 (which I don't mind) but just priorities right now have shifted.  That being said, I am not tired of the game as of yet, there is still tons of areas for me to explore so on the rare occasion I am on, wouldn't mind exploring areas or running a dungeon or two with guildies.  I think more than anything, I miss talking to people on Mumble on the rare occasions that I do speak :) 

I probably won't be back on until the Halloween content comes out. I was out of town to visit my (very adorable) new baby niece, and now I'm focusing on shifting rooms around at home for my own new little bean that'll be arriving in January before I get too fat to move stuff. Hubby's 40K stuff is migrating to the spare room from the bar, my sewing room is migrating to the (much squishier) bar, the sewing room is getting repainted and turned into the master bedroom and then the current master is getting repainted and turned into Peanut's room so Bean can have the nursery. Whew.