Hoboken

Raiding: Mountain/west Group

Starting the 28th of August I am scheduling Thursday and Saturday night "raids" for anyone interested. Until we have enough to fill a raid group we may just run dungeons or old raids simply to improve group cohesiveness. It would also be a perfect time to work on guild achievements. 

The time set aside is 9:00 pm server time to 11:00 pm server time. Even if you aren't in the Mountain/West part of the country feel free to sign up and come to the events if you want to. Any questions or concerns should be directed to Hoboken in game or in this thread. This thread will also be copied to the raiding subforum.

Mountain/West Raid Philosophy:

We are not aiming to be a bleeding edge content raiding guild. We aim to enable members of our guild to experience content in a friendly  environment at a convenient time. 

General Rules for Raiding

1: Sign up -- Those who have signed up have priority invites.

2: Be on time -- As a courtesy to the rest of the players please be ready for invites sent out by 5min after the beginning of the designated raid time.

3. Be prepared -- Make sure all repairs, flasks, and feasts are in your bags and you are in Mumble when the invites/summons go out. 

4. Know the Fights -- Again, as a courtesy to the other raiders at least look up the fights on YouTube and know your roll beforehand.

5. Learn from Failure -- Nobody gets the boss killed on their first attempt. Every time a wipe occurs figure out how you can do better the next attempt. Encourage others who may need it.

6. Focus -- While a boss is engaged keep Mumble clear and speak only when necessary to the boss fight.

7. Have a good time -- please see the Raid Philosophy above.

Special note about loot:

The issue of loot has doomed many guilds and raid groups over the years. I do not believe in complicated ladders or loot systems that need spreadsheets or third party AddOns. Loot should be secondary to having a good time with guildies. That being said the way loot will be handled is that the raid leader will be Loot Master and only those who need the loot for mainspec will be able to roll. Offspec rolls will only be done if no raider needs the loot for their raiding main spec. 

-- Hoboken

Nice to see that guild activities are being scheduled! I have been super busy with school stuff lately, so I haven't logged on, for more than an hour, in about a week.  If someone can only make it on the weekend, is that ok? I would like to go to old raids, especially ones I have missed in late BC, WotLK, and Cataclysm. Hopefully, I will be able to get on this weekend.

Nice to see that guild activities are being scheduled! I have been super busy with school stuff lately, so I haven't logged on, for more than an hour, in about a week.  If someone can only make it on the weekend, is that ok? I would like to go to old raids, especially ones I have missed in late BC, WotLK, and Cataclysm. Hopefully, I will be able to get on this weekend.

YES! Until the xpac drops the plan is to run old raids (or world bosses or timeless isle bosses if the numbers allow) and maybe some current LFR or flex raiding. Even if you can only make it one night then that should be fine.

Thursday's Mountain/West guild activity was a great success!

We got many achievements for us and the guild, and had a good time. We look forward to a larger turnout in the future.

Grats to Getrag on his Twilight Drake mount!

I apologize for not making it to the Saturday night activity. Real life just demanded my full attention. I plan on clearing my schedule enough so that I can continue with the activities as calendared. 

Yeah thanks for putting it together.

This was always my favorite part of WoW back before taking a break after WotLK.  

Getting on voice chat and running whatever we wanted to at the moment.  

I'm glad I'm enjoying being back as much as I am.

Had another good night in the guild activity, actually pulled off some participation in cross-realm flex raiding. We cleared the first wing of Siege of Orgrimmar and about 2 hours. Big thanks to those who came in last minute to help make it happen!

Some notes on future activites:

1. We are having low sign up/turnout. Also some no-shows. Is the scheduled time a factor? Are people not looking at the website or the calendar?

2. Do we want to continue participating in cross realm raids? 

3. Hoping that this lull is just the normal pre-expansion lull and as we get closer to it dropping more will come back and participate.

Please leaves your thoughts below, it will only help us improve!

Edited by Hoboken

My main problem is being able to sign up as confirmed is that my kids are usually barely going to bed at that time and so it usually takes 30 minutes or so until the whole ordeal is done with.

So I couldn't commit unless it was pushed back 30 -45 minutes.

Otherwise I'll just play it by ear or show up late and fill spots if they are still available

Bumping this thread so more people see it but also letting you know that I have not scheduled any raids until after new year. I am not available most nights because of family visiting and work being extremely busy this time of year. I figure raids will be ad hoc more or less during this time anyways with others busy holiday schedules. Once the holidays are over I plan on us hitting the ground running and killing bosses!

I am starting to put non-binding event on the calendar. Basically every Tuesday we can do the LFR for those who need the legendary stones and gear and then Wednesday or Thursday I'll put up "PUG" sign ups so we can maybe look for a pug and participate with as many guildies as desire to.

Friday-Monday it may just be best to leave unstructured for now. Maybe look into doing challenge modes? If there is sufficient interest then we can start looking into those.