Sign in to follow this  
Jacobo

New Horde Guild Leadership

Greetings!  I hope this message finds everyone well and doing whatever you enjoy doing during the summer months!

Due to MoP becoming a flop and no date for WoD (which is odd) things have slowed down A LOT on the horde side.  Sam hung up his hat after Einar's finger dropped on the mat (or something like that) and I took the reigns as the new GM of the horde guild on Kael'thas.  We have had some new recruits of late which puts more on my plate and leads to this post.

I am modeling the new guild leadership after chess pieces with one exception. Scott has been called, and accepted the call, to serve as the assistant GM.  I created a special rank for him.  The GMs and the officers all have alt ranks so they do not need to switch toons if someone needs something.  Here is the list of ranks:

King = GM

King (alt) = GM alts

King's Counsel = Asst. GM

Counsel (alt) = Counsel alts

Queen = Officer

Queen (alt) = Officer alts

Rook = Raid Leader(s)

Bishop = Raiders

Knight = General Member

Pawn = Guild newbie / Inactive

Yes, in the game of chess, the Bishop is 2 to 3 tenths of a point higher than a Knight.

Also, I am still working on bank tab permissions.  The order of the tabs is not, necessarily, their order in importance.  I.E. You may have more withdrawals from tab 4 than tab 2.  This is because after I got things organized I realized newer players might need more access to certain tabs than others.  I am also limiting the number of daily withdrawals per tab to minimize the risk of looting.  About a month ago a toon logged in and took its maximum number of withdrawals after having been inactive for 2 years (I happened to catch it the same night).  Also, if you have not logged in for more than a year you have been removed from the guild.  Should you return you are more than welcome to come back.

Finally, due to the cost of a guild name change I have made an executive decision to leave it as is.  Blizz wants $20 for the change and I feel I am giving them enough $$$ already.  However, I am moving forward in a different direction.  People who want to join need to come here and register first (I feel this shows somewhat of a commitment to join rather than to just go wherever whenever).  New recruits must understand and agree to our STRICT Code of Conduct.  I will not budge on this AT ALL!  I am trying to portray us as a guild with Christian values and not just as a mormon guild, even though our name is LDS.  While our purpose is not to find new investigators for the missionaries, I feel this could still serve for possible missionary opportunities.

May we all join forces in Azeroth to eradicate the evils there (and perhaps take out some alliance characters too! :))!

Cordially,

Edited by Cazador

Finally, due to the cost of a guild name change I have made an executive decision to leave it as is.  Blizz wants $20 for the change and I feel I am giving them enough $$$ already. 

I would be willing to "donate" the money for a name change if needed. Let me know.

Where is the guild Code of Conduct (CoC) stated? Maybe a new topic should be made for people who want a guild invite. The guild CoC can be located in that topic as a sticky post. The person can ask for a guild invite and then write that they agree to the Code (sounds like we are pirates....yar!). It will be like a written contract in the forums. I don't expect that many people wanting to be invited to this guild will have problems with following the CoC, but it makes the invitation a little more formal.

Over the last several days, a few people have contacted me about a guild invite. If the CoC was found in the forums, we could simply say go to this forum and read the CoC and leave your battletag or in game name. The person can also leave a good contact time (the time frame they usually log in at) based on server time. Then the GM or an officer will contact that person and extend the invitation. 

Let me know if I can help in any way.

You mean the Mormon Battalion Code of Conduct?  You can find it HERE.  You can also find it by going to the lower right of this and all website pages; it says in small font down at the bottom:  Code of Conduct * Privacy Policy.  If you would like to re-post it in the WoW forums, for people to post that they agree to it, I don't see any problem with that, as it is not altered very often and the principles behind it certainly don't change!  

You mean the Mormon Battalion Code of Conduct?  You can find it HERE.  You can also find it by going to the lower right of this and all website pages; it says in small font down at the bottom:  Code of Conduct * Privacy Policy.  If you would like to re-post it in the WoW forums, for people to post that they agree to it, I don't see any problem with that, as it is not altered very often and the principles behind it certainly don't change!  

I was referring to the Latter Deis Sanctus Code of Conduct, but posting the Mormon Battalion Code of Conduct or a link to it in the WoW forums is an excellent idea. 

The Mormon Battalion and Latter Deis Sanctus Code of Conduct are one and the same.  Please refer to Striker's post above.  Also, a big THANK YOU to Nikkala for clarifying where one can find the CoC.  The administrators and moderators of this website are absolutely amazing!  If you you can, please consider donating to the MoB website as it is funded solely by the people here who wish to make this a place to call "home."  This site is NOT maintained by a paid individual.

If you you can, please consider donating to the MoB website as it is funded solely by the people here who wish to make this a place to call "home."  This site is NOT maintained by a paid individual.

Hear hear!  :)  Jandar foots most of the bill for this site, and the more we can help him out, the better.

So Sam stayed to play more WoW?  And Einar stopped playing?  Hmmm.  Can't lie - I miss my flying mounts.  Not sure if I want to fork out $$ to play an MMO anymore but it's kinda comforting to know people I use to raid with are still around!  :)  Heck, even I haven't changed my pic of my BElf Mage ;P

So Sam stayed to play more WoW?  And Einar stopped playing?  Hmmm.  Can't lie - I miss my flying mounts.  Not sure if I want to fork out $$ to play an MMO anymore but it's kinda comforting to know people I use to raid with are still around!  :)  Heck, even I haven't changed my pic of my BElf Mage ;P

Man do I miss you Xel!  I'm sure you have a free week built up by now.  You should log in just to say hello and see what's up.  I'm leveling a Mage right now and hope I can become the glass tank you used to be!! Miss you bro!

Is the guild still active?

I've started playing again and have 11 Horde chars (Burning Blade) over lvl 90 that I'd like to get all in 1 guild.

I also have 11 Ally chars (Alterac Mountains) over lvl 90 that want a guild.

If we have an active guild, who might I contact for a GInvite?

Thanks>

Sounds like the alliance guild that Justy just started up again is the more active one. It's on Vek'nilash. The horde guild on Kael'thas has a handful of people on it, but not much. They have allied with another guild in order to get enough people for raiding etc. 

Alliance Guild on Vek'nilash is LIGHT FORGED Justy is the leader

Horde Guild on Kael'thas is Saturday's Warriors I don't know who can invite, I haven't tried in so long I don't know if I can :P

Contact Khrull, Errana, or Elcurandero for an inv on the horde side.  I have not been on here in awhile.  We have raid-merged with The Fish and Bread Trick Christian guild on Ghostlands, which is connected to Kael'thas.  All of those interested in raiding have, to my knowledge, moved raid-ready toons to that guild.  They basically follow the same standards we do when it comes to gaming.  They have a website with a daily bible verse which is nice.  They also do not tolerate foul or abusive language on their mumble server.  They are a great group of people with whom we, as LDS players, have merged nicely.  If you are horde, and wish to raid, contact Junataro-Ghostlands for a guild invite.  Khrull, my 100 paladin, is set as the GM on Kael'thas.