Sign in to follow this  
Jacobo

Horde Guild Name Change

In an effort to revitalize the horde guild and make it a christian guild following LDS principles, I have decided to change the name of the guild.  The top two vote-getters were "Saints and Soldiers" and "Orgrimmar First Ward."  There was a tie among voters, however, the longest active members of Latter Deis Sanctus chose "Saints and Soldiers."  I have decided to use this name as the new guild name.  We are actively recruiting as a christian guild but, make no mistake, we will follow LDS principles as the current active players are LDS, including myself.  I put that we are family-friendly and will not tolerate vulgar or obscene language at all.  Hopefully people with the same values will want to join us and we will have more active members soon. 

Humbly,

Jim aka Jacobo

So....the name change is on hold for now.  It costs $20 to change the guild name and I feel I'm paying plenty to Blizz as it is.  What has changed is the rank system.  I'm following chess pieces so you start at Pawn with no Guild Bank access.  Once you show 30 days of activity, you then move up to Knight (in tournament chess, Bishops outrank Knights by a couple tenths of a point).  Knights are general members.  Bishops are raiders.  Rooks are raid leaders.  Queens are officers and the King is the GM. I also included Queen and King alt ranks.  This way the officers do not have to switch toons for guild requests while they are online.

Also, any toon that is/has been inactive for 2 years or more has been removed from the guild.  Should people begin to play again, they are welcome to rejoin the guild.  However, I wanted to make room for new people and all of their alts.  Also, being gone for that long, to me, shows an extreme lack of interest in WoW.

I still want to use this community for our guild communications, and also for new members.  I am continuing what Sam began in regards to guild recruitment. I am steering the guild as more of a Christian guild with core LDS values.  Anyone joining must agree to the CoC but I want to recruit all people with like-minded values whether LDS or not.

I'll keep everone updated as things progress.

For the Horde!!

PS--Before I forget, I wanted to say CONGRATS to the horde bike for being selected as the new model in WoD after beating the alliance bike in a world-wide vote!

Hey, just wondering how active things are for you now?  I got an email from Blizzard offering me a free week, and I think I'm going to use it to start my Warlords prep (want to level some characters before launch and do the current challenge modes before they get shut down).  Just have to decide where to roll- come back here or look for something active.