Ordin

Is Ascended Armor Worth It?

I got mine. I can say that the stat benefit associated with getting the armor. It has made it easier to run high lvl factals, I have run a few lvl 50s, and that did help with the matts considerably. It is also a game goal that is a little easier then a legendary.

It is absolutely needed if you want to run fractals above 40, other than that, it gives a slight advantage within WvW.

Due to the progression of the meta game right now, its something to work towards. Most of the mats are easy to gather, you're just time gated with crafting ascended components needed to make the gear. However, now-a-days if you're sitting pretty with gold, you can just buy those ascended (time gated) mats off the TP. The other mats you need especially dragonite ore, require some "farming" in order to gather and the only ways to do it are world boss farming daily.

I don't really have the time blocks available to do fractals right now. I am pretty casual, actually. I mostly run world bosses, dungeons, and the occasional wvw. So, would it be more worth my time to craft a few more ascended weapons and leave it at that?

Yeah, in your situation there is no benefit to crafting a full set quickly. Just work on it as you go. Even in WvW, the very minor stat boost can be made up with skill, knowledge of your profession, and knowledge of the professions you go up against.

I have my full set of Armour and weapons, and yes it is worth it, but not enough to sacrifice doing it over other things you enjoy.  I slowly worked on my mats unitl I have enough for most of my armor before I even started.  

Really it depends on how you define "worth it". Fortunately I had hoarded probably 75% of the mats I needed (and all of the charged quartz-Celestial FTW!), so I was able to complete my set very quickly after Ascended armor was added to the game. If I had to do it from scratch, I wouldn't be in any rush.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.