elguapo916

Wildstar

Oh yea, NDA's gone now.  I was probably the most interested here at first, but I got into beta a while ago- it did nothing wrong, specifically, it just didn't really click for me.  I liked every decision they made, but somehow I didn't end up enjoying it as a while.  Really can't explain why.

I also played in beta.  It is fun.  I like the fact that a lot of the classes can be played differently according to your spec.  I also like the ip, art style, and the humor.  Housing, what I saw of it, can be pretty cool as well.  It is not worth a sub for me.  The combat is similar to GW2, and the emphasis they are putting on endgame raiding is a huge turn off for me.  They want raiding to be a big think, and have no desire to do that.

Eldryth, did you get into the dungeons at all? I hear that is when the game REALLY picks up. The boss battles are supposed to be really cool. It seems pretty fun but... I hate playing games solo. 

I've been playing the Beta,

I'm liking it so far.  I think it would be much more fun running with some of you guys.  

The first 8 levels have been kind of meh... for me, but it picks up and I like to play on PvP realms so that you can have to fun open world PvP.  I haven't tried dungeons yet but i've watched vids and they look cool.

I have noticed changes from the first beta to the second, mostly UI changes and visual things that have helped and have made me realize that they are actively taking feedback and I believe it will turn out to be a decent game.

I played one beta weekend. I agree, the starting area is VERY painfully slow. But once you leave the game really picks up. I want more people to try it out because I think it would be fun to play with a group of people. I got to level 11 and I have really enjoyed it

So a friend of mine said there is going to be an open beta for this game like the 8th-18th?! We will be playing if there is. But i can seem to find where to download the game or really anything about it.

Head start begins tonight for Wildstar.  I'm going to be playing.  I love raiding and PvE and from what I've played in beta and seen I think it will be a lot of fun.

If anyone else ends up joining I will be joining a PvP server.  Their PvP servers work in a very similar way to WoW in that certain areas will be safe but as you level up and get into zones that are shared or away from starting zones it will be open world PvP.  

I will be joining the server: "Widow" with the name Getrag most likely. 

Hope to see someone on!

Edit:  I will probably start with the Dominion faction.  You can only join one faction from a PvP server.

Edited by Getrag

I was playing GW2 on Ehmry Bay last year, but I find that I like WildStar's combat much more fun and engaging. If anyone missed Beta and wants to try it out, I can try and dig up my guest keys (I think I have three) that are good for a weekend(?). Anyway, I too will be on the Caretaker server playing Exile. You can message me in-game at "DalanSolidor"

Edited by zephyrus23

Guess what? Carbine Studios has given out 7-Day trial keys to various websites. You can learn more about that here. If you've been wanting to try it out, now's your chance. And if you want to join some other LDS (for PvE), come to the Caretaker server.