Jaron

Getting The Mumble Overlay Working With Gw2

This was supposed to be fixed in the new version of Mumble, but it's been delayed.  However I think I have stumbled upon a solution.

The current "fix" involves some command line arguments that hides the launcher and ultimately disables the BLTC.  This led me to believe that the GW2 launcher causes Mumble the problem ( maybe because Mumble is identifying the wrong executable, I don't know. )  So I tried launching Mumble right after the launcher finished and closed but right before GW2 itself opened.  I've been successful two nights in a row now ( Monday and Tuesday. )

I don't know if I'm just getting lucky, like there's some very specific timing required or not, so I'll keep experimenting with this.  But in the meantime, why don't others try it and see what they find.

I'm going to say this is a confirmed work-around.  I've been able to do it five times in a row.  Wait for the launcher to finish then start Mumble right then.  And I'm on a, i7, 8GB RAM, and SSD so that window should be plenty long for everyone on any machine ( unless you're running GW2 from a RAM disk. :) )

A few notes on this.  I have my GW2 login credentials saved on the launcher and auto-play enabled.  Once I start the GW2 launcher, it checks for updates then logs in, then goes on a 5 sec countdown before it closes.  This gives me about 10 seconds to get Mumble ready for launch before it closes ( unless there's a patch, of course. )  A desktop or quick-launch icon for Mumble should make it very easy to launch it at just the right time.  Also I run GW2 windowed fullscreen , so I don't know if either of those make a difference.  I also have a Radeon 6870.  I don't think the graphics card should make a difference in the overlay ( after all it's only a 2D super-imposed image, ) but Shealar has said he can't get this to work with his nVidia 650 Ti, so who knows?

Edited by Jaron

Has anyone else had success with this yet?  I've been doing it without fail for nearly two weeks now.  I've asked in-chat, but it seems most people don't know about it or have tried and failed.  If anyone has tried and not gotten it to work, let me know.  Perhaps I've left out some key specifics of how I've got my system configured.  I'd love to capture a video of this, but I don't have any video capture capabilities that I know of.