Jaron

Alternate Dungeon Train Ideas

I've floated this idea on Mumble a few times, but I wanted to make an official discussion thread. I love running with the dungeon and fractal trains we do right now. Whenever time allows I'm up for a run. Sometimes, I suppose it can get a little monotonous to do the same dungeons and same paths repeatedly. So I've got two ideas on different ways to run a dungeon train

First, what about running a story path train? I think we've all been in a group wanting to run an explorable path, but no one has the story done on their current character. This means switching to an alt instead of running a dungeon with your preferred character that needs the XP or whatever. If we ran a few trains doing nothing but story mode, that would allow more members and characters to start off trains on their own in the future. I know it would take longer than normal, so this might be something to do on late weekend nights.

Next, what about a train that runs all paths of a single dungeon? This would help the achievement hounds and those saving up for specific dungeon gear. I don't know how this compares timewise to our normal runs, but I would guess running story and three paths wouldn't be too much longer than running through the fastest paths of five or six separate dungeons.

Id like to start running some dungeons with the guild again. I suppose that your trains run in the evening central/western times? If so those would be hard for me to catch. Ill check from time to time during the day/evening in case any runs are started at that time.

So is my new title "Dungeon Train Conductor"?

It's better than some other titles.

Me, Desse, Striker, Rich, and Bill ran through CM storyline and P1 last night.  We probably could have made it through P2 as well, but the game servers seemed to have some big problems.  It was a little slow because most of us weren't familiar with where to go.  Overall I liked it.  Was pretty different from a normal run, and I don't mind variety.

I will not be able to run the late late night dungeon runs anymore. The demands from school are too much to justify staying up that late.

I tend to log on at random times/days. When I'm on and getting ready to run a train, I'll let guildies know in chat. Only thing, I can't wait around for an hour to fill up a group. If I can get one or two to join me, pugg'n the rest is easy.

Yeah, I'm with Roontek. The "normal" dungeon train time is too late for me. And with my much more limited play time, I can't afford to sit around 15 minutes or more waiting for those in the Guild to respond. I have just been pugging any dungeons or fractals since getting a full group is almost immediate.

I'll do late night dungeon runs on the weekend, but weekdays I only have until 10:00 MT.  I'm almost always up for a run since I find them more enjoyable than aimlessly farming.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.