Lego

Feed The Beast!

Hey Guys, I have recently started getting into feed the beast. Its minecraft with a bunch of mods. I was wondering if anyone would want to start a server with me. If anyone is interested let me know.

-Lego

I've been playing the new Direwolf20 pack and it's a blast. My cousin and I had a FTB server last spring, I read that we needed least one gig per player so with just two of us we got a 2gb server from DemonVPS but it wasn't enough I would have to restart it every few hours, and the world would start crashing after about two weeks. For the new 1.6 packs they recommend at least 3-4gb for a server, so it will cost more then the one I had.

If we could get it running stable I would be up for giving it a try, it would be fun to play on a server again. What do you have in mind?

-Eò

Well i looked at a pretty good host. I'd be willing to pay. if we can get more than people. If its just us then i would rather try running it from my computer. Know anyone? maybe your cousin?

I think im go to try setting it up on my computer. It going to be an unleashed server. Unless you want to play direwolf or something. Let me know if you want it changed.

Actually Im making it a direwolf server.

Edit: Note. it is a Direwolf20 V2 1.5.2 server. So launch that version.

the ip is 192.168.1.5:25565

Im making a static ip so that will change.

Edited by Lego

the ip is 192.168.1.5

Just thought I'd post a friendly note here.

That IP you listed is an internal IP (one that is set from your switch/router). You'll need an external IP and a specific open port for other players to join your Minecraft server.

Check out this link to determine your external IP address. I'm not familiar with setting up your own minecraft server, but if its anything like cube world/terraria/starbound, you will need to also port-forward the specific port that players will connect to you on your network. That of course will be done through your router. You can search for the step by step for your router here.