thebrazza

Eu Members?

Hi all,

My name is Jared, I'm thinking of joining up with you guys on Yak's Bend (if that's where you are). I currently play over on an EU server (Gunnar's Hold). I live in England, I'm 30 (almost 31 :dont-know: ) and a father of 2. I play GW2 when I have "free" time and it would be nice to play with people with the same values/believes etc.

So my question is, what time zone are most of in and are there any EU guildies?. my only concern about joining up really is the time difference! 

Anyways, let me know :)

Feel free to add me in game, thebrazza.1679

thanks for looking!

cheers,

Jared

Welcome! We are glad you found us. I know of one other EU player in our guild, Websoul. Unfortunately, since he is on an EU server we can't play together. The majority of our members are in between about 5pm and midnight mountain time. However, we do have a handful of day time (for us) players that may be on during your peak gaming hours. Let's see if one of them can verify that.

We actually have a pretty healthy day crew; typically we have anywhere from half a dozen to over a dozen players on in the morning to early afternoon...say from 9am CST onward.

Oh and welcome to the community! I used to live in England myself (Gloucester) but that was a few years ago, like 1986-1988.

We actually have a pretty healthy day crew; typically we have anywhere from half a dozen to over a dozen players on in the morning to early afternoon...say from 9am CST onward.

Oh and welcome to the community! I used to live in England myself (Gloucester) but that was a few years ago, like 1986-1988.

Small world!,  I live in Cheltenham :o) (next door to Glouscester) so if you were a member of the Church I then I probably know everyone you used to know ;O)

Welcome! We are glad you found us. I know of one other EU player in our guild, Websoul. Unfortunately, since he is on an EU server we can't play together. The majority of our members are in between about 5pm and midnight mountain time. However, we do have a handful of day time (for us) players that may be on during your peak gaming hours. Let's see if one of them can verify that.

I'll look into the time differences and see how we match up.  If I get to play it'll usually be somewhere between 8-12am during the week or 9-2am on a Friday ^^ (for WvW reset!)

If I remember correctly you are 5 hours ahead of me and I am EST not mountain time. So the first few hours you are on in the morning are probably going to be quiet. Since you are allowed more than one guild test drive us out. you can always play with another guild in the off hours. (someone I know plays with an Australian guild when he gets up at 4am)

btw welcome

Thanks for all the replies!

Would it be possible for someone to send me an invite so I can gage how many are on when I'm on etc.

Also what are you guys like for WvW, as a guild and Server? not bothered about how good anyone is but more the fun factor.  I appreciate any answer's I receive, just trying to make an educated decision ;O)  it costs 1800 gems to transfer to most of the NA servers, which is allot :o.

Anyways, hope you all are having a good day!

cheers,

Jared

Sure, I'll get on and send you an invite.

Yak's Bend is a great overall balanced server.  We are a mid-tier WvW server.  The only reason we can't break into the upper echelons is our lack of night time (in North America) coverage.  We have a lot of excellent Commanders that coordinate very well.  However, due to our very limited overseas numbers, we lose just about everything over night. 

Thanks for the Welcome on Friday night and very much thanks to Sparks for allowing me to visit :o)

I had a good time getting to chat to a few of you on Mumble.

I did some WvW with a few of you and went to Jormag, both were good experiences although Jormag was a lag fest but I believe that is the same everywhere atm.

I'm still not 100% decided on Moving to Yaks, mainly because I found out that another guy in my Ward had finally started playing so I will try to join in with him in game and see what that is like.

again, thanks for the welcome and hope to stay in touch with you, hopefully I'll figure things out over the next week or two.

cheers,

Jared