Sylvrin

Looking For Other Mormons To Play Gw2 With!

HI there fellow Mormon GW2 players!

I'm a 58 year-old grandma who has enjoyed online MMO gaming since the time such games were only text-based MUDS. I love GW2 and have been playing since beta. I've played Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest 2, Perfect World International, Runes of Magic, a little bit of WoW, Rift, Guild Wars, and now Guild Wars 2. I probably play more than I should (yes I will get my visiting teaching done this month)

One thing I have always struggled with is finding a guild I can relate to and not fear being subjected to filthy language in guild chat and/or voice coms. And players who understand what it means when I say I have to take a short break for family scriptures and prayers.That always gets a "huh?" So I started my own guild in GW2, which only consists of myself and my son at the moment and I am finding recruiting to be something I am not very good at. I wish I had googled to find you guys sooner. I created a guild website at cresthaven.enjin.com where I also wrote up a code of conduct for anyone who would join my guild, and if you read it you will see that I have embraced the same code you have at Mormon Batallion with some slight modification in wording.

I currently play on Blackgate Server where my son just recently started playing. In order to play with him, I just transfered from Tarnished Coast a few days ago, so it will be a few more days before I can transfer again. I'm sure he would be happy to transfer with me to Yak's Bend when we can. I have another son who has been playing on Tarnished Coast, but who has not been actively playing recently due to family obligations and an affinity for MInecraft. If he does become active at GW2 again, I know he would love to play with a Mormon guild as well.

My GW2 account is Sylvrin.4325 and my son is Rage.9618. If you find us accpetable please shoot us an invite to MoB and we'll transfer to Yak's Bend at the earliest opportunity.

Welcome! We are glad you found us and I'm sure you will all fit right in. :) I will get on right now and send the invites to you. You will be happy to see that we have 200+ members, so you shouldn't ever have a hard time finding a group of like minded individuals to go have fun in Tyria.

Welcome, we have spoken in game and in mumble already, but wanted to make an official welcome post :)

Hope you have been enjoying your time with MoB so far. It's a great community and a very fast growing one at that!

Thanks so much for your warmth and friendly welcomes. I had a blast running CoE the other night and chatting with you all on Mumble. I still have a 2 day wait before I can transfer, but will be on Yak's Bend with you all by this weekend for sure. I spoke with my son and he's excited about making the move as well, although I haven't convinced him to download and set up Mumble yet. He's been leveling quickly and his Norn warrior is already level 40 after starting less than a week ago.

Vayle ... I haven't yet officially said thank you for being so awesome with me in game! Many in our Guild already have heard me moan and complain as they have watched me fall, and fall, and fall, and fall, and hit my head under a beam ... then fall ... and then fall again!  I think most know how I really feel about jumping puzzles and how nervous I get when playing with others.  You were the first person to help me complete a jumping puzzle ... you were so patient and kind.   :disdain: 

I love that you are so much like me when gaming on Mumble.  :)  You may not blow everyone's ears off like I do .... but it's fun hearing you chat with yourself in game just as I do.  I am so glad that I am not alone in my madness.   :cyclops: 

If you happen to find I am in game during another sleepless night ... feel free to ramble in my ear about WvW anytime if you feel like hearing me talk back to the NPC's and make crazy noises as I kill monsters and such ... or as they kill me.    :party: