Nikkala

Dungeons!

Patch notes are up!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-November-15-2012/first#post744278

Ugh, why are fractals coming tomorrow afternoon? They're not connected to the event story, why can't they just go up with the patch?

Edit: Ooh, and SPvP dailies and monthlies! Can mostly be done solo, but there is one that has to be done in tournaments- anyone want to form a SPvP team yet?

Edited by Eldryth

Sounds great! Now I really have to work on making lots and lots of Omnomberry bar trays for the guild (gives a huge boost to magic and gold find).

I'm sorry, but what is supposed to be polarizing about fixing some design flaws? This is why magic find exists- to let you get better gear. It's always been a trade off based on whether you're skilled enough to manage without the extra stats (which isn't too hard with many builds). It hasn't been as effective as designed in dungeons, though. Couple that with fixing the issues Anet has constantly acknowledged with dungeon loot, and this is a great change all around!

^ Your opinion. It seems others disagree, as you can tell from reading the comments in the thread. Again the issue divides the community. Magic find is great! Magic find is the devil!<------comical, and created by ArenaNet.

I think I am going to slot Pirate Runes and not try and grind out exotic MF gear. With Peach Tart (a poor man's Omnomberry) and Rune of the Pirate in the gear you are sitting at 76% MF and not losing too many stats (also not having to carry around another set of gear).

If you get 5 Superior Pirate Runes and can afford 1 Superior Rune of the Traveler plus Omnomberry Tart, you are now sitting at 90% MF without having to buy any new gear. Me thinks I am going to buy Some Platinum Doubloons before they skyrocket in price.

A level 400 leatherworker can make Superior Runes of the Pirate with 1 Platinum Doubloon (random world drop) and 1 bolt of Grossamer

The only ingredient difference between Peach and Omnomberry Tarts is a peach vs. an omnomberry peaches can be bought from a karma vendor and the berries are on the Island of Fun.

If you had full exotic MF gear that equals 60% MF (including a MF gem in your backpack)--so getting to 90% by changing runes and eating some food is pretty good.

Magic Find Max Breakdown

60% Gear (will change with ascended items)

60% from runes

30% from food (more if you have boons)

10% from guild banner

15% from Sigils (but you can't die a lot)

50% from the gem store boost (can also get randomly from opening locked chests)

225% max for PvE

On another topic, does anyone know if they are going to fix the buggy "missing" and "obstructed" issues with hitting objects? I REALLY want the AC gear for my Thief, but I have had very frustrating runs with PUGs on path 1 and 3 when groups cannot kill the bug tunnels fast enough. AC in general makes me sad since it is the first dungeon new players are introduced to. I have noticed this bug on other areas in GW2 but nowhere has it frustrated me more than in AC paths 1/3.

From the recent patch notes:

• Fixed a bug preventing melee attacks from hitting static objects in the world if the character was not moving. As an example, this should help players using melee in Ascalonian Catacombs to hit graveling burrows, amongst other offending objects.

sPvP dailies and monthlies? Seriously? :( The one part of the game I really couldn't care less about, and not eager to try. I'm going to need a little kick in the behind to get off it to try it.

The rewards for those only affect SPvP (gives glory and free access to paid tournaments). It won't matter for you if skip them if you're not interested. Personally though, I want to get into SPvP, and would like to see guild groups for the tournaments.

Hold on. About Magic Find, does it factor in on the moment of KILL or on the moment of LOOT? If it's the latter, you could cheese the system by switching to all your MF gear after killing a boss, looting, then switching back. All of the benefits without the reduced stats during fight!

...And yes, I always have both my MF and Dungeon gear available at all times. Makes it so I don't forget, which tends to happen to me (sometimes I only remember I'm not in my dungeon gear right before I start a dungeon).

I'll have to admit, magic find probably should be retooled to not be on gear. It works better as a guild/food buff.

The rewards for those only affect SPvP (gives glory and free access to paid tournaments). It won't matter for you if skip them if you're not interested. Personally though, I want to get into SPvP, and would like to see guild groups for the tournaments.

The only way anyone is pulling me into SPvP is if it's all guildies (or at least all guildie allies). Though, granted, that's pretty much what WvW is for me.

On that note, when are one of our esteemed leaders going to get Commander status? I feel like we'll have to start a fundraiser at this rate. Stupid Tyrian economy! -_-

The only way anyone is pulling me into SPvP is if it's all guildies (or at least all guildie allies). Though, granted, that's pretty much what WvW is for me.

On that note, when are one of our esteemed leaders going to get Commander status? I feel like we'll have to start a fundraiser at this rate. Stupid Tyrian economy! -_-

That is my goal!

As for Commanders, I don't think I'd be willing to get it even if I could afford it. Seeing the icon from random people out in the world/in cities is very annoying.

Well the first rule of sPvP is you don't talk about sPvP...

I got into it but was all by my lonesome--played about 40 matches--now I have been dedicating most of my game time to AC, CoE, and leveling my Thief.

If I am on and anyone wants to jump into sPvP let me know. It is harmless. The matches are around 10-15 minutes each. You just cycle through the maps until you want to exit.

Lots of fun--even solo. They match you based on you account stats (win/loss/rank), so if you are new you will be in with new folks since the ranking is account-wide.

The maps are small and easy to figure out.

You start off with Newb-skins, and then you can unlock new skins through rewards. Virtually every skin in the game can be unlocked. The weapons, armor have no stats, just your trinket and the runes, sigils you choose to use (also free). You can salvage duplicate skins and throw them in a pvp mystic forge to unlock new skins. You can store all your skins in something similar to the ingredient slot in your bank. Each rank unlocks a higher tier vendor that sells 3 different quality levels of chests--the higher the quality the better the loot table. You buy the chests with glory--which you get after each fight.

Also all your talents & skills are unlocked and you can change them for no cost.

What's in it for you?

-achievement points

-cool pvp titles

-skins to collect (cannot transmute them to PvE gear)

-other loot like bags that can be used outside of pvp.

-soon to be daily reward$$

There is a short tutorial you do before you enter the main hub, so jump in and check it out! And invite me if I am online.

As for Commanders, I don't think I'd be willing to get it even if I could afford it. Seeing the icon from random people out in the world/in cities is very annoying.

You can turn off the icon, which I've seen a good Commander (Rheayas, I think) do after she was done in WvW, but some people are probably using it to show off that they have it or they don't know they can turn it off.

Was able to run through AC paths 1 and 2 last night. Killing the burrows is MUCH easier now that all your hits actually hit. You now get 69 badges for each run--so you can get a full armor set in 15 runs instead of 20, so very nice.

In addition I saw a level 80 get an exotic back piece off the last boss on path 2--had wording that made it sound special to AC. So they are really opening the loot doors in the dungeons.

Great step in the right direction on the dungeons. So in under an hour I made 1.75 gold, 4,000+ karma, and 138 AC tokens. Oh and I leveled twice--not too bad at all.

Oh, sweet! I'm glad they are making dungeons more worth it! And it was indeed annoying to have to move around in order to hit the burrows with my lightning hammer (although I'm not using that build anymore).

I'm game for sPvP. Never done it, although I've watched my brother do it on my account. Apparently that is gonna have some repercussions... oh well. I'll tinker around in the mists a bit and set up a build. Note that sPvP is the one place in the game where you can have a completely separate build, which is good since it is a VERY different game than WvWvW.

If any of you are REALLY eager about sPvP, there's a show on gamebreakertv.com called BuildCast that is ONLY about sPvP in gw2. Each episode typically focuses on one specific build and discussion for one particular profession. I've watched one on the "Legion Build" for Mesmers. It airs once per week (wednesday nights @ 8pm pacific I think) and all shows are streamable after the fact.

-snip-

I'll join in on the fun. I'd like to get a group of 5 who really enjoy it and take a stab at some of the tournaments if anyone is interested in taking it to the next level.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.