Nikkala

Dungeons!

That's pretty much my experience, too, Ordin. I think we may have the unfortunate circumstance of calling out for dungeons after everyone else has already done them and are caught up in WvW.

For me it's usually that I don't have time for a dungeon right then...that's why I think it'd be good to plan and schedule some, rather than relying on a spur of the moment pick up MoB group. 10 p.m. EST work for most? Maybe we could try one tonight?

NIkkala, we had 2 full groups doing the same dungeon at the same time and it was a pick up MoB group and totally a spare of a moment thing. Of course the better group finished first....

Ya Mushi, I didn't think you guys would make it. I was quite surprised you only finished like 5 minutes after us and we had a pretty decent run, only one complete wipe. Good job on guiding the group through!

I had better clarify that my ability to play tonight depends entirely on my husband. It's his birthday today. Alas, I couldn't play last night; too busy. :(

MoB pick up groups work great sometimes, and not at all at other times; it just depends who's on and how much time they have to play!

Mushi, we should have split up the lowbies between our groups, but by the time we figured out it was a higher tier dungeon, our group already entered the dungeon.

None of us knew or been to the dungeon, so it was all trial and error. Or more like error, error, error, and a little bit of a trial thrown in there.

The better group took a level 70 and 71 through a level 78 dungeon and finished second.

Quote of the night

"why is everything a glancing hit?"

That was me! And the experience was very challenging, but epic in the end. I got a whole level of XP & a new hat!

Edited by Lady Brisinger

So how'd they let a level 70 and 71 go through a level 78 dungeon anyway? I thought they had a level requirement. Grats, Lady Brisinger, though.

I saw a lot of dungeons being run last night and ran one myself. I really enjoy them.

When you enter it tells you the recommended level. You don't actually have to be that level to get in. The farther bellow the recommended level you are the less damage you will do & the less XP & loot you will get.

On that note, if the dungeon has anything that is considered a dynamic event (those people that ran 2 Honor of the Waves explorables with me will remember our dragon totem hunting), they'll probably not get credit for it. I remember when one of our guildies was unable to get credit for participating in the entire Tequatl event... and he was only 3-4 levels below the event.

I still want CoF...AC was fun, but CoF is what I really want.

If you get desperate, you can probably snag me for a CoF run this Saturday evening. I can't run dungeons on weekdays, so I get kind of desperate when the weekend rolls along...

Usually everyone else wants to run AC so they can get the pretty weapons. Almost everyone has completed AC story by now, so it's the one most every body can run on explorable. Not many have completed CoF story, but I am more than willing to do it so more have it done. I think CoF story is a blast!

Usually everyone else wants to run AC so they can get the pretty weapons. Almost everyone has completed AC story by now, so it's the one most every body can run on explorable. Not many have completed CoF story, but I am more than willing to do it so more have it done. I think CoF story is a blast!

It is true I want the "pretty" weapons from AC but I would like the sweet armor from CoF as well. Count me in Kev. I don't have story done but I can run explorable with you if you start it from what I understand.

I would like to do CoF story sometime (doesn't have to be tonight)--I'm also up for CoF explorable anytime. We did Sorrow's Embrace story last night and apart from that maddening condition golem it was very fun! I'd like to get all of my story dungeons done, if I can, so then I can start an explorable anytime anyone needs it. I need Twilight Arbor, CoF, and all three of the level 80's. I'm getting close to the end of my personal storyline I think. Been working on that.

Don't worry, Mass of Attack, we're not done doing dungeons!

Kev, I believe you have to grind 500 tears from AC for a legendary. So that might be another reason people are after AC? Also, AC takes 20-30 mins to run, other explorables are a lot longer. At least it was in my experience.

Frankly, the dungeons in GW2 are really nothing new and totally remind me of all the MMOs in the past. Well minus the holy trinity. But it's the same old boring junk. I think I just expected too much from the dungeons. In fact, I think WoW/Rift dungeons were more exciting because you can see what is being cast and such.

In GW2 it's all a guessing game and watching the animations to dodge, other than that don't stand in circles and dps. A few times I ran through dungeons it was ok, but after a while, it's the same old boring grind.

Edited by Kozak

In GW2 it's all a guessing game and watching the animations to dodge, other than that don't stand in circles and dps. A few times I ran through dungeons it was ok, but after a while, it's the same old boring grind.

They really should add something to warn of a huge attack besides a--sometimes very--brief animation. Especially with the current camera angles...you have to watch the boss animations while watching the floor circles while keeping an eye on your health and how your teammates are doing. I NEED DEADLY BOSS MODS!!!

I have only run story mode through 2 dungeons and have only done explorer on one path of one dungeon--so for me it hasn't become a grind yet--still all new content. I like the cutscenes and the lore. I can see how it can turn into a grind if you want a certain dungeon skin set on multiple alts...

Oh and they NEED a dungeon matchmaking system...it should be standard in a new MMO--hopefully they will add it in the next year or so. They already have a match making system for pvp--so this shouldn't be rocket science.

That said I love running dungeons so if I can go I will go (typically). I do go afk a lot while I am playing, so sometimes it looks like I am on but I am actually away--too lazy to always change my status.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.