Nikkala

Dungeons!

This month we have a five dungeon run requirement for the monthly and I don't think it counts Story runs. So I was wondering who's up for some dungeon runs?? I have heard that the most painless explorable dungeon runs are:

• All three Ascalon Catacombs paths
  • Citadel of Flames path 2
  • Sorrow's Embrace path 3

I would also be happy to run some story modes...I've only done story mode on Ascalon Catacombs and Caudecus's Manor on Princess Leia. I'd be happy to run them again for people who need them or run ones I haven't done yet (I'd need CoF or SE before I could do the explorable paths).

If you're interested, post here and post what day/time might be good for you. We can't plan around everyone's schedule but we can try!

It does count story mode. I've only done story mode on dungeons & I have credit on my monthly for both. Each time was my first time through story mode so that might make a difference.

Oh, that's good to know! I was talking to someone (Moriantumr I think) who said they'd done a story mode and it hadn't counted for them. Might be a bug.

Oh, that's good to know! I was talking to someone (Moriantumr I think) who said they'd done a story mode and it hadn't counted for them. Might be a bug.

No, it's because he is a dirty char

Jezrien and I are always willing to do Honor of the Waves, as we're both going after the armor from that dungeon. I'd like to do Twilight Arbor Explorable as well for the weapon skins, but I'm willing to pretty much come to any dungeon if I'm available and another person is needed. I think Jezrien would do Arah Explorable, too.

I also still need Story Mode for Crucible of Eternity, Sorrow's Embrace, and Citadel of Flame, so if anyone wants to do those, I'd like to come.

I've become less than enchanted with dungeons. I don't like feeling like a cat-herding elitist like I did when I played WoW, and so far dungeons are the only things in the game that have made me feel that way again. Coordinating times for folks to play when I'm on, reading up on fight strategies, keeping my mouth shut trying to tolerate failure... those days are behind me. Nothing in-game is worth feeling like I'm in WoW again.

If this is what is required for the monthlies than I guess I'll be going without.

Must be because I am dirty. I doubt anything would go wrong for me because I am a member of the most divine and excellent race known across Tyria..

No, moriantumr, you are not an Asura. You're just another toothy, horny, grumpy, whiskered BOOKAH!!!

Go clean your littter box out, it stinks. :tongue:

I've become less than enchanted with dungeons. I don't like feeling like a cat-herding elitist like I did when I played WoW, and so far dungeons are the only things in the game that have made me feel that way again. Coordinating times for folks to play when I'm on, reading up on fight strategies, keeping my mouth shut trying to tolerate failure... those days are behind me. Nothing in-game is worth feeling like I'm in WoW again.

If this is what is required for the monthlies than I guess I'll be going without.

Story Mode is quite time-consuming, but Explorable Mode paths can take half an hour or less. Only one person in your group needs to have done SM and needs to be the one to trigger Explorable Mode. Each individual path counts as one dungeon. I don't think it took me more than maybe three hours to do Honor of the Waves Explorable paths 1 and 3 twice each and SM once to get my Monthly Achievement.

Edit: Also want to add that all of us who ran were pretty much doing it for the very first time and there were only a few wipes, and the fights weren't overly complicated.

Edited by CindyBunnie

For the record (in case it wasn't mentioned), explorable mode can be run if at least one member of the party has done story mode once. Running a second explorable in the same party and same dungeon can get problematic (it didn't allow us, then suddenly did).

Anyway, I'm open to run dungeons on saturday and sunday, usually in the evening (MST). I've done every story mode, so I'm capable of running explorables for any. The dungeons I prever (in order) are Crucible of Eternity, Ascalon Catacombs, and Honor of the Waves. I am open to all of the others, though.

EDIT: I can be persuaded to run story mode for any dungeon, though... EXCEPT Ascalon Catacombs (I've been scarred by The Lovers boss fight). If I run Twilight Arbor, you'll have to listen closely to my directions before that ONE boss fight. :P

Edited by Luregas

Which boss was that luregas? I soloed one of the bosses in story mode because my team could not be bothered to dodge, or kill the billion spiders that were spawned. So I just ran around in a circle frost/fire trapping the spiders while dodging the boss attacks. I just think I answered my question, I assume it is the last fight. That is a bit tricky.

While I believe every race has a right to live, I do not believe that they fully grasp the proper a rightful place of the Charr. For all you enlightened Asura out there... look at my Charzooka. Sadly your little golems cannot stand up to my, admittedly filthy, giant rocket launcher of death and dismemberment. If anyone else has problems you can take it up with my pet pig, she loves to feast on the tears of those wishing they were a humanoid/cat/bovoid.

It was the spider fight. Frankly, I don't think it's worth it to fight the spiders, because there seems to be some really bizarre culling that occurs with then (ergo, lots just suddenly "appear" despite the fact that they couldn't all be spawned by the boss). It feels like it's better to kite them like a madman, occasionally culling their numbers by stopping to let them attack, then using a well-timed dodge roll to avoid their sudden burst of gassiness. The spiders take forever to kill, which means you won't be spending much firepower on the boss. Granted, a lot of the big factor in getting through this fight seems to be having people switch over to more survival-oriented skills. Regen and condition removal are critical.

You can literally circle strafe to avoid all spider damage. Just dodge the boss attack every 5 seconds or so and you are good to go. The big issue is for melees who have a hard time putting damage down while circle strafing.

You can literally circle strafe to avoid all spider damage. Just dodge the boss attack every 5 seconds or so and you are good to go. The big issue is for melees who have a hard time putting damage down while circle strafing.

Yeah, people took note of the circle strafe strategy. I was managing to live by myself for more than a minute. Probably would've survived even better if I had my regen and condition removal signets on the bar.

I really want to get all of the dungeons done in at least story mode, but every time someone calls out in kin chat for a dungeon run....... all I ever hear is crickets. Its kind of lame.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.