Brogen72

Mumble Issue

I am used to other voice servers and I am excited to use Mumble but I am not getting the Mumble cert. to allow me to type a password to import the cert. Was I supposed to use my personal email and name to create a cert? I have the correct Mumble address and I have the Mumble password givin me by the MOD's but I can not get connected to the MOB Mumble server. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Brogen

You must be running 1.2.3a. If you aren't, then uninstall Mumble completely using the Add/Remove Programs. Restart, then reinstall the correct version.

Otherwise: Check your system time. Windows certificate check will fail if your clock is some years ahead/behind.

For Window XP: Install the latest Root Certificate update through Windows Update (it's an optional update) to fix this problem.

For Windows Vista/7: Right-click the Mumble executable, select "Properties", select the "Digital Signature" tab, click "Details" and click "Install certificate".

Installing https://www.startssl.com/certs/ca.crt to the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" cert store should also work.

The problem is, you are running the wrong game in the background.... Oi!

I know I know, a lot of people make that mistake. No harm done!

PS: kidding, glad you got it figured out.