Crom The Red

Mormon Battalion - The Guild, Guild Ranks, & Structure

Guild Wars 2 - Mormon Battalion Guild: Guild Ranks & Structure

This information is for all current Mormon Battalion Community members who have friends that wish to join the Mormon Battalion Guild Wars 2 guild and any and all who are interested in joining the Mormon Battalion Guild Wars 2 guild. The majority of Mormon Battalion members reside on the Yak's Bend server.

Anyone wanting to join the Mormon Battalion Guild Wars 2 guild must simply agree in game to the basic standards of the guild. The basic standards are to maintain a family friendly environment in game, on Mumble, and on the forums. Basically, this means no use of profanity, no blatant disrespect towards other gamers, and no lewd or otherwise offensive discussions and/or character names. If you wouldn't say it, discuss it, or mention it in front of your small children, it's most likely not appropriate. Those who agree to these basic standards in game will receive an invite to the Mormon Battalion guild and be assigned to the lowest rank of Squire.

All those who are interested in joining the Mormon Battalion Guild Wars 2 guild beyond the rank of Squire must first register on these forums before receiving a promotion. By registering, you are agreeing to follow and uphold the Code of Conduct in full. Agreeing to and upholding the Code of Conduct is the primary requirement for admittance into the higher ranks within the Mormon Battalion Guild Wars 2 guild. Therefore, promotions shall not be given until after their registration on these forums has been verified by a Leader/Officer. This will most easily be verified by the member posting in the Introduction Forum and/or the GW2 - Player Tags thread.

Exceptions can be made at the discretion of a guild Leader and/or guild Officer. Here is a list of ranks and basic requirements:

High Marshal - Highest rank held by the current 'triad' of the Guild Leaders

Grand Commander - High Ranking Officer. Out ranks all other ranks with the exception of High Marshal. GC's work with HM's to organize, plan, serve, protect Guild standards (COD), with respect to all things in the game Guild & community.

Battle Master - (80) Guild Officer, works with GC's and HM's to specifically assist in organizing PvE & PvP events with the purpose and intent of helping Guild Members experience the fun that MoB & GW2 have to offer. BM's are often found representing the Guild in PvP/WvW. This rank is similar or equal to that of a Commander, with a specialization in PvP. Battle Master will utilize the Guild Calendar (when introduced) to coordinate in game events. Must be level 80. Battle Masters are nominated for promotion by GC's and HM's.

Commander - (80) Guild Officer, works with GC's and HM's to assist member with regular in game features, incouraging website participation, organizing in game events, upholding Guild standards among the membership, assiting with PvE and PvP coordinating and events. Commanders can invite members to the Guild, have access to all Guild Bank features. Must be level 80. Commanders are nominated for promotion by GC's and HM's.

High Knight - (75) High ranking Guild Member, recognized for their dedication to Guild & Community. These members wear the Guild Emblem in all places and at all times. They uphold the highest standards and represent the Guild with honor where ever they may be. High Knights are members who are active in game with their fellow members, are recognized for the dedication to serve others, are registered on the website and participate in the greater community, have shown their dedication to Guild by representing the Guild faithfully. Must be level 75. High Knights are nominated for promotion by Guild Officers, GC's and HM's.

Knights - (60) Members who through their dedication to Guild & Community bear the title of Knight in the Mormon Battalion Guild. Must be level 60. Knights serve their fellow Guild Members & participate in Guild Events, help their fellow members, and bare the Guild Emblem. Knights are nominated for promotion by Guild Officers, GC's and HM's.

Ensign - (45) Members who exemplity the standards of Guild and community and particpate in serving their fellow Guild members. Must be level 45. Participate in game and in the greater community. Nominated for promotion by Guild Officers, GC's and HM's.

First Sword - (30) Members who wear the emblem of Guild and community and represent the Guild with honor. Must be level 30. First Swords are nominated by for promotion by Guild Officers, GC's and HM's.

Esquire - (15) Members who have begun to demonstrate loyalty to Guild and community. Must be level 15. Have registered with the website. Nominated for promotion by Guild Officers, GC's and HM's.

Squire - New members. All members of the Guild (with the exception of the founding Officers and Leaders) start as Squires.

These ranks and any requirements or permissions associated with them are subject to change. When it comes to being promoted to higher ranks it is expected that the individual will be contacted prior to promotion, the same can be said if there is ever a demotion, except in the cases where demotion is the result of inactivity (see below).

Promotions in rank are based on a combination of the following factors:

- Time served in the community (based on length of membership in Guild)

- Level of participation in Guild (use of Guild chat, grouping with fellow Guidies, use of Mumble)

- Upholding Guild Standards at all times in all places (COD)

- Demonstrating support of those holding higher ranks (good team player)

- Demonstrating support to fellow Guild Members (offering help & willing to assist others)

- Obtaining required levels before advancing in rank

- Assisting in outfitting Guild Members (contributing to Guild Bank)

- Demonstrating a willingness to serve without reward (aspiring for higher ranks discouraged)

Players can experience demotions for the following reasons:

- Player requests less of prominent role (usually Officers request such to meet real life needs)

- Departure from Guild (leaving Guild for extended periods of time)

- Less active (players that have stopped playing for extended times will be demoted for security reasons)

- Failure to represent Guild with honor (violation of COD could result in expulsion from Guild)

Current Q&A:

Q - I'm level 55, why am I not a Knight?

A - All ranks have a predetermined level requirement and your level does not equal an immediate promotion. All promotions up the ranks are considered with a number of factors such as, time spent as a member, your level of participation with the Guild when you play (do you use Mumber, do you party with members, do you use Guild chat to communicate, do you help others, are you registered with the website, as examples).

Q - I just hit level 18 and I'm still not a Esquire, why do you hate me?

A - No one hates you. You're a member of Mormon Battalion and we want to make sure you have fun and enjoy a safe and friendly environment to play in. Guild ranks are not directly connected to your level.

Q - I was recently promoted to First Sword and I noticed my level 3 character holds the same rank when I represent the Guild, is that against the ranking system?

A - No. The ranks are associated with the player and are directly connected to your account. We hope that all players will decide to have their characters 'represent' MoB and any benefits associated with your rank can be shared by all of your characters. Unless ANet decides to change how this works, that is how it will be.

Q - I recently joined the Guild and I can't use the Guild Bank, when will I be able to get my hands on your goods?

A - The rank of Squire does not have access to see the Guild Bank or make deposits. The rank of Esquire allows for viewing and making deposits, the first rank to allow for withdrals is First Sword. If you see something you could use prior to gaining such permissions please feel free to contact an Officer or someone who hold the rank of First Sword for any items you might see in the small Guild Bank. And never use the expression "get my hands on your goods" or "loots" when asking about promotion or getting items from the Guild Bank. ;)

Q - I want to be an Officer in the Guild, what do I need to do to get promoted to that rank?

A - Never ask when can you become a Guild Officer.

Q - I went to bed an Esqurie and work up a Squire, did I do something wrong to get demoted?

A - Probably not. The current window that is associated with selecting ranks is a little confusing. It is very likely that you were intended for a promotion and were mistakenly demoted. If this happens please contact a Guild Officer/Leader and the problem will be corrected.

Q - 'Insert character name here' hasn't played in months, why do they still hold a high rank?

A - Players that have decided to take extended breaks from the game (months at a time) will be demoted. This is purely for security reasons and should not be viewed as a form of discipline. Inactive accounts can fall victim to hacks and could result in disruption to any in game features (Guild Bank) that could effect the community negatively. Ranks could/should be restored on a case by case circumstance when players return.

If you have further questions, comments, suggestions, and or complaints please feel free to contact any one among the current Guild Leadership (that includes Grand Commanders).

I am just curious why so many ranks? Seems confusing. In most guilds I've been in it always came down to being a peeon or not. As harsh as it is, it seemed to work lol

Feel free to delete my post (to keep a clean look of this post), but I was just curious :)

Edited by Kazak

Kozak, that is a valid question. I believe the main reason is to support the functionality of the Guild Bank. But I may be incorrect (there is a first time for everything :P )

I am just curious why so many ranks? Seems confusing. In most guilds I've been in it always came down to being a peeon or not. As harsh as it is, it seemed to work lol

Feel free to delete my post (to keep a clean look of this post), but I was just curious :)

Some Guilds are known to operate with a very distinctive structure...Leaders and "peons" with maybe an exception to indentify 'raiders' within their Guild. The previous Mormon Battalion had three distinct ranks in game, Leader - Officer - Member. Our previous Guild established a ranking system outside of the game to expand the roles and identify individual members for their contributions.

In GW2 we see the opportunity for an expanded abilitity to aknowledge our members has they progress in game and in the Guild/community. The various ranks also allow us to expand the in game permissions through the various ranks. As a member increases in rank this allows a player to feel some level of immersion within the game and allows for some community acknowlegment for a players participation and support of the community. With the different permission this also allows for many members to gain access to certain features (Guild Bank primarily) through their time spent in the community and this allows for better tracking of the resources without having to have one person (or a small group) responsible for handing out items people might not otherwise have access to.

I personally believe, that the Guild Officers/Leaders will be able to get to know the membership better by having a system in place that requires us to track the participation level, rank, in game progress, character names, Mumble I.D.'s and contribution of the members as promotions are handed out. Mormon Battalion is built on the foundation that we are a community of like minded gamers, that want to have fun, play in a safe gaming environment and most of us are probably more interested in making friends than getting some epic drops.

In a nut shell... there are many ranks because it's cool to be called a High Knight, it allows an even distribution of possible permissions among the membership, who wouldn't want to be called a Battle Master, and everyone deserves to be acknowledge beyond a basic 'peon' rank...especially in Mormon Battalion. =)

In previous guilds, the ranking system had much to do with who received invites to guild raids and parties to gain loot, advance in the game, or play favorites. I like the MoB system so far. I might recommend to include expectations such as help new players, or lead parties as one achieves higher status (seems like that really doesn't happen till Comander rank).

Edited by Redsavina

Well I am in Avril Rock server, but would gladly change servers to be in a mormon guild, reason why I join this website. Oh I go to BYUI, just in case any guildies go there too, it would be cool to meet up. So send me invite please. I posted all my info in the gamer tag section.

Well I am in Avril Rock server, but would gladly change servers to be in a mormon guild, reason why I join this website. Oh I go to BYUI, just in case any guildies go there too, it would be cool to meet up. So send me invite please. I posted all my info in the gamer tag section.

Supposedly server transfers are still free, at least once a week. Sadly that locks you out of WvW for that week, but once it clears you may find yourself in the tide of MoBers that terrorize dolyaks, supply camps, and local wildlife in the name of completing daily achievements. :P

I'm not sure of this is the best place to post, but I didn't think my question warranted a separate thread. How do I find the guild in game? I'm used to doing a /who (whatever) to find people/guilds, but that doesn't seem to work!

I would like to join up with you all, but don't know how! Thanks

I'm not sure of this is the best place to post, but I didn't think my question warranted a separate thread. How do I find the guild in game? I'm used to doing a /who (whatever) to find people/guilds, but that doesn't seem to work! I would like to join up with you all, but don't know how! Thanks

If you push G (or click on the Guild icon on top), you would be able to see everyone in the Roster tab (second from top on the left).

Make sure you are representing the guild though, otherwise you wouldn't be able to participate in the conversations and see people from the guild.

Hee hee, I think he means that he wants an invite, Kozak. Just post your in game name or your GW2 ID and one of us will send you an invite! Glad you found us and feel free to give us a proper introduction here on the forums.

You are correct Kevkelsar, although I appreciate the information Kozak! My GW2 ID is Jebs.1568 (at least I assume that is it). I'm still trying to decide which class I will be playing, I have a few low level guys I've been trying out. Thanks!

Hello, I just discovered there is a lds gaming community. I am currently on Kaineng and mostly wvw. I would like an invite so I can guest over and try things out. I realize I can't wvw there until I transfer. I use my Ranger for pve, so I'll send him over to say hello.

Jerodotus.8572

Lalaylo - 80 guard

Matteo Ono - 80 ele

Eli Stroud - 77 ranger

Nope, you can guest on to our server at any time if you want to actually play with other members out in the world. For dungeons you don't have to be on the same server. However, you would not be able to join us in WvW while guesting, you would have to transfer to do that.

Maybe this is a dumb question... but do i need to be on the same server to be in the guild?

No. However, if you're not on the same server you'll be missing out on many benefits, since the game separates Guild Buffs by server. Also, WvW participation is server-based. Everything else should be accessible, meaning you should be able to use guesting to join people in PvE, Dungeons, Structured PvP, and likely Guild Events too (I believe the game should still give you personal rewards for the latter).

On the note of Guesting, I THINK guesting to our server would give you access to the guild buffs, but I'm not certain. Either way, we generally only have those active on weekends, since most of the research time goes toward accumulating more Guild Missions.