Crom The Red

Mormon Battalion - The Guild, Guild Ranks, & Structure

No, you can't just create a character on a different server.  All your characters are on whatever server you choose.  However, it is possible to delete all your characters and then choose a new server.  Anyway, an invite to the guild has been sent!

Are you SURE you can delete all of your characters and choose a new server? Absolutely positive? I'd hate for him to lose a level 68 for nothing...

Apparently he's right. According to the Wiki, home world transfer costs (which are QUITE high, up to 1800 GEMS) don't apply to those accounts with no characters. This includes accounts that deleted all of their characters, so says the Wiki.

Edited by Luregas

To save some cash, you could have sold your gear and then sent the money to one of the guild officers for holding, or put it in the guild stash...sorry it didn't work for you.

Where's the Guild Perpetual Server Emigration Fund when you need it?

Unfortunately, it was completely cleaned out by an inactive member's hacked account...since that happened members have not been nearly as generous in donations to the Guild bank.

When you log back in and it sees you have no characters you should be able to select any world for free.

If he didn't do this part and it doesn't work then I think we could make a collective effort to help move him. If the gold would go to a good cause I'm sure people would be more willing to pitch in than if it was sitting in the bank.

Oh OK I didn't try leaving the game after I deleted them. Actually, wouldn't I be able to open a ticket and say I didn't mean to delete my character to get it restored then sell my stuff and leave money with a guildy? Again guys, not really a huge loss. I probably wouldn't be on too often anyway

Oh OK I didn't try leaving the game after I deleted them. Actually, wouldn't I be able to open a ticket and say I didn't mean to delete my character to get it restored then sell my stuff and leave money with a guildy? Again guys, not really a huge loss. I probably wouldn't be on too often anyway

I wouldn't bet on it.  From what I've heard, ANet is not very responsive to restoring characters/accounts.  Even when they know for a fact that they have been hacked.

I know guild ranks dont have much influence in the game but it might be wise for the officers to look at an regular date (once an month) to take an look at members ranks.

If someone is left standing for too long they might think something is wrong and they dont dare to ask because they will be shot for that.

I know guild ranks dont have much influence in the game but it might be wise for the officers to look at an regular date (once an month) to take an look at members ranks.

If someone is left standing for too long they might think something is wrong and they dont dare to ask because they will be shot for that.

To be honest, I haven't felt that ranks mean much outside of the officer rank, personally. Most of the non-officer ranks only give you varying degrees of guild vault access, and this is one of those MMOs where the vault hasn't felt all that useful (I can't remember the last time I checked it). At this rate, the normal ranks are feeling more like a bragging rights thing. Probably for the best, since it'll ensure I'm kept away from any semblance of power, which would be a terrible fate to bestow upon the guild. :P

This is a topic of concern that we have and are looking into these matters ATM.  We welcome all voices to share what they feel is going right and going wrong.  The idea was to not have people running a campeign to serve as Guild Leaders.  However, if you want to add to community events and schedule guild activites, please do so!

One of the biggest issues with the ranks is how the Guild Bank is currently working.  The fact is, it's not.  It was working somewhat well for a while, but after it got completely drained of gold and valuables by a hacked account, good donations have almost completely ceased.  I hope to begin a small campaign in the near future to help promote donations to the bank, as well as taking responsibility for organizing it and selling garbage to be placed back into the bank as money.

I do go into the bank every time there is a "eat 25" daily and I am grateful for the people who do cooking to level and put their extras in.  I also try to  "organize" it.  Also because it seems like no one takes things from it I do and pass it on to people I know are needing something. If you need something from the guild bank, holler at me, I will be glad to help (since someone seemed to think I was worthy of being able to access it).

I think I just have on concern... Guild Missions. I am just worried about getting them started. Take this last Saturday's events, we got lucky Crom was on. Now the reason I bring this up is I know life goes on outside the game. So is there anyway we could figure out a system to have an officer assigned to be there or something like that? Just to make sure the events can still happen on Saturday and if they can't be there to let the reset of us know on the forums just to make sure not everyone gets on and expects them to happen.

Dev, the biggest reason for that is we had two Officers go inactive. They have been demoted and we will be contacting two people shortly to ask them if they would be willing to be officers. I can almost always be there in Saturdays, but this last week my wife surprised me by setting up a guys night with my best friend to see Iron Man 3.