Corranas

Wow - Free To Play Players Post Your Toons Here

Hello, a few people have been asking about WoW FTP. Quite simply it is the full version of the game up to level 20. This does include Dranei and Blood Elf starting areas, but not Goblin and Worgen.

You can purchase a mount at level 20 and can hord up to a whopping 10 gold pieces, but other than that you are stuck at level 20 progression.

I currently have a level 20 Night Elf Druid called Abryss on (Vek'nilash). If you are playing drop your toon name and server here if you are so inclined.

Well, so far its just me and I haven't played much at all. More wanted to see if anyone else was out there. I could see maybe running some low level instances or maybe some battlegrounds, but quite honestly there is not much to do in free WoW other than level up to 20. :)

I am currently playing on Aerie Peak and they have an addon that allows people to chat just like guild chat. To form parties, you have to have a paid character form it. At 20, you can do dungeons and pvp. on AP, they've started raiding. You can apparently do Gnomer as a 10 man raid at 20. When you pvp, you get honor. You can convert that honor for pvp gear, including BoA, or justice points to get BoA gear. I'd be willing to mod the addons for our use or we could use them as is. They use a channel called f2ptwink. People with paid accounts could also create new f2p accounts or just level a toon to 20 and pay to turn xp off to join the fun.

The addons add and remove friends as they come on and off, so if you use a paid account, you may want to be careful how you use it.

We could make this fun, if you want to put a little effort in it.

:)

Is there any interest in this?

Doesn't seem like it so far Grr. Nice thoughts though. I did roll a Blood Elf Hunter named Bryss on the Kael'thas server, just haven't had time to play lately as I'm looking for a job full time right now.

For it to work, we'd need some or all of the paying players to use the mods as well to create the community effect. Then you can work on building a f2p community. They even have mods where the f2p players can whisper inv to p2p players that are just hanging out online so they can create groups. Once groups are formed, one of the f2p players whispers lead, then the p2p player gives lead to that player and leaves the group.

In the newest version of the addon, it even keeps track of player alts, so you can tell who the alts are.

so this is a legal free to play version of wow? how does it work? i have an account but it is frozen right now. i would consider playing if it was free and i would be able to do some stuff. i might get bored if i run out of things to do but it would be fun for a while I'm sure. let me know how this works so i can think some more on it

so this is a legal free to play version of wow? how does it work? i have an account but it is frozen right now. i would consider playing if it was free and i would be able to do some stuff. i might get bored if i run out of things to do but it would be fun for a while I'm sure. let me know how this works so i can think some more on it

All you're doing is creating a new account on the Blizzard's site and you'll be able to play till level 20. It's Blizzard's way of letting people get a feel for the game. I did this a few weeks ago. It's something, but not nearly as entertaining since I've experienced the full meal deal!

Actually, with the addons and help from pay to play players, it can be more fun than you think. There are several f2p communities operating out there. I am playing in one right now. They play the game to 20 and then treat it like it is end game. They have p2ps play with them. When the p2p gets to 20, they lock their experience and only use the gear and enchants that f2p players can access. That includes all pre cata boa gear. F2P players get that gear through doing BGs. In the case of a hunter, only 2 boa pieces are best in slot at 20.

What we need is a few volunteers, both f2p and p2p, to try it. I know Corranus is one. I will also put my hat in the ring. One or two more f2p players and a couple active p2p players on Kailthas and I will mod the addons so we can do this. Once you see how it works and how it helps build a community feeling, we could get even more involved.

ok so it used to be free to play for like 10 days or until lvl 20 now it is just free to play for as long as u want just you can only get to 20 and not get any higher is that how it works? so i would just make a new account since i have a frozen account and play to lvl 20? i dont need to download anything? and where exactly would i make the account?

I was thinking Kael'Thas, as it is the location of the Active LDS guild and having paying players helps to form parties. You can actually use your frozen account by adding a second WoW Starter game, as they call it now, so that you can still use your Authenticator. Now all we need is a couple pay to play players to help us in this test.