Eldryth

Alliance Raiding

Hello! I'm sure many of you are aware of this, but the Alliance guild has been pretty inactive for a while. Recently, however, we've been making a big comeback after starting a couple weekly events (dungeon night and low-level dungeons). Because of this, I'd like to try and get some guild raids going sometime! So, once we have enough people geared up, I'm going to try and organize some raids for the guild. This will most likely start sometime this summer (I'd like to hope we're ready in about a month, but I can't be sure). I will organize them and will most likely lead on vent. Please remember, however, that this will always be a casual guild, and we will not force attendance for progression. This will be mainly for fun, so please don't be too upset if we miss some events because not enough people can make it. For people who are still gearing up, I'll link to some gear guides for preparing for Heroics and Raids within a couple days. Please let me know if you're interested in this!

I am interested. Do we need access to a Vent account? I know someone that has a server we can use.

We have a vent account already. You just need the client to join it. You can get the vent info from just about anybody in game.

Although none of my characters are up to that level, I wholeheartedly support this idea! I'd be interested in links to those gearing guides. Starting with WoTLK content sounds like a good idea.

We could start with the WotLK content first.

We could do Wrath raids for practice starting out, but since we'll be 5 levels and around 100 ilevels above that content, it won't really be much of a challenge. I'd like to do the Cataclysm raids eventually. As for the difficulty, since we're starting a lot later than most, we'll be able to get better gear from ZA/ZG and possibly the Molten Front quests if we don't start for a while (see here, if you missed the announcements), so we'll probably have better gear that you did when you started.

It's not gear that is the problem. Better gear helped cover weaknesses in Wrath, but in Cata you must have a higher level of situational awareness as well as lightening reflexes. Missing a single interrupt on a boss's 1 second cast or standing in the wrong spot for 1 second will wipe the whole group. It's tough because if 9 members can do it, and 1 can't, you probably will not beat the boss. I hope Firelands is a bit easier. Right now even the starter fights are sindragosa or lich king difficulty.

I'm interested. Maybe instead of WotLK raids, we should do heroics. They'll help everyone gear up.

I've run all but 2 of them, but can't seem to find a decent pug to finish Stonecore or Vortex Pinnacle. I've pugged ZA and ZG too, but those raids are almost too long and tough for PUGs.

Oh, I know gear won't solve everything, but it will definitely help us in starting out. In the end, winning just takes practice, and I don't think anyone's expecting to succeed right away. To me, it wouldn't be as fun without the challenge and the satisfaction of finally beating a tough boss.

As for Heroics, that was the goal for the Dungeon Nights I'm running, but many of us still need a bit more gear first. That's the point of the gear lists I'm planning on linking, to help others find the easy gear to reach 329 (I think that's the requirement to start Heroics).

Also, if we can get geared to do ZA and ZG, that would be great practice. The mechanics there are more complex than other 5-mans from what I heard, so it would be a great intro to raiding.

Yep mechanics in there are raid level complexity!!! We have had a few regular ppl take leave in our guild for various reasons from military leave to personal issues and haven't been able to raid much, but we are starting to get some good practices with these new instances.