Xeledorne

Mage builds

I just realized that this part of the forum has only one entry - and that is for druids. Here's a little link that I found very helpful when I was leveling my mage. Though there have been arguments on which spec is the best as far as dealing damage, my personal take on the whole thing is that ANY spec is viable as long as the player behind the toon knows what he/she is doing. I've seen awful fire mages and ones that are so darn hard to kill because they are so good. The same can be said for frost mages, arcane mages, and what I call hybrid mages. That said, let no one dictate how you play your toon. Take their advice (including mine) and play like you want to - this is a game!

The link is: Mage builds - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Enjoy playing as a mage - and have the sheer joy of turning someone into a sheep (or a pig if you finished the quest!) or blasting them away from afar enough to elicit a BOOM baby! response from you. :D Just do not forget you are a squishy.

These threads helped me quite a bit. yay Elitist jerks!

WotLK - Complete Mage Compendium (3.1 Updated) - Elitist Jerks

The Arcane thread - Elitist Jerks

Raiding as frost - Elitist Jerks

The Frostfire Bolt thread (updated 3.1) - Elitist Jerks

(has turtle polymorph from legit ZG raiding from back in classic)

3.1.2 Patch notes concerning mages.

Mages

• Mirror Images: The images summoned by this spell will now target the creature that most hates the Mage, and should no longer cast Fire Blast or Frostbolt on targets that are affected by crowd control debuffs that break immediately on damage unless they are already casting these spells when crowd control is applied.

I wish we could get some more mage action on the alliance side. Mages are rocking the DPS charts in Ulduar, and I really wanna get rocking Ulduar soon.

...and have the sheer joy of turning someone into a sheep (or a pig if you finished the quest!)

Xel,

I recently learned the penguin glyph with my shammy if you want one for your mage on the horde side.

Let me know! :piratebiggrin:

Just a heads up. I don't know how many people read this, but you should use elitistjerks.com for your builds and use Rawr, their dps program to maximize your dps. If you do it right, you can have a massive dps increase. I can help answer if there are questions about it. Definitely learn your rotation and what stats you want and don't want as a mage. Otherwise your dps could be thousands less than what you want.